ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls help with ILR ( 10 years long residency)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alialee2015
Newly Registered

Pls help with ILR ( 10 years long residency)

Post by alialee2015 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:19 pm

Hi members,

I have been a silent reader and now in need of help please!

I am currently on Tier 2 General visa and current leave will expire in August 2017.

I have booked a PEO appointment on the 18th of January for ILR through the 10 years long residency (arrived in the UK in 2006 as student then switched to PSW and then on Tier 2 General).

I have few questions and would appreciate if you could help please:
1) Just double checking – I should use the form SET (LR)? What do people normally put to answer question D13 on the app form?

2) My degree was taught in the UK and I completed BA (Hon) from a university in London. Do I need to get any letter from the University or would the certificate alone be sufficient?

Thanks a lot for your time and valuable advice guys!

Regards
Ali

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Pls help with ILR ( 10 years long residency)

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:26 pm

1) Yes, Set LR. Only you will know what ties you have (if any) to your home country etc.
2) Degree certificate should suffice for the language requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:41 pm

For your spouse FLR(M) queries, continue in your other topic (click).
Last edited by CR001 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to make it clear that the topic is not a general discussion for all
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gers
Newly Registered

Post by gers » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:05 pm

Hi alialee2015

I'm also on tier 2 and I'll be eligible to apply ilr on 27 Jan. I came feb 2006 as a student. got psw and later changed into tier 2. As per guideline there is not paperwork needed for long residence application. I just wonder would you keep some other documents aside such as payslips, p60's , bank statement as well.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:07 pm

gers wrote:Hi alialee2015

I'm also on tier 2 and I'll be eligible to apply ilr on 27 Jan. I came feb 2006 as a student. got psw and later changed into tier 2. As per guideline there is not paperwork needed for long residence application. I just wonder would you keep some other documents aside such as payslips, p60's , bank statement as well.
Not needed if you have all your passports covering the 10 years
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alialee2015
Newly Registered

Post by alialee2015 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:24 am

Hey all

Sorry I am a bit late to update owing to super busyness. Everything went well at the in person appointment on the 18th at Croydon. I went through the standard procedure, such as having an airport style security check done, received a ticket number from the payment desk after showing my passport, application form and payment confirmation sheet. Then waited for about 30 minutes to be called for case registration. that took about another 20 minutes. the next step was to enroll for biometrics. then waited for about an hour until the case worker asked me to go to a desk. I had my old passport attached to the new one and I don't know why the Bangladesh high commission (which is where I got my new passport made) sticked two pages of my old passport that contained my photo. the case worker asked me why these were sticked and I said that's how it came back, she can separate the pages if needed to. She suggested me to go back and wait. After about another hour, I was called to collect my documents and the ILR was granted until December 2024.

Thanks a lot for all your help :)
All the best to others awaiting to apply/ results.

Regards
Ali

tajammul77

Post by tajammul77 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:40 am

Hi alialee2015,

Congrats for getting ur ilr...i m going to PEO Croydon next week for ilr long residence...wot documents u submitted with ur application

alialee2015
Newly Registered

Post by alialee2015 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:36 pm

Thanks tajammul77

I submitted:

Latest Application form
2 passport size photo
ALL passports (I had 2)
Biometric card
Life In the UK test result
BA (Hon) degree certificate
Payment submission sheet

Employment letter (optional)
Bank Statements for 6 months (optional)
Marriage Certificate (Optional)
Tenancy Agreement (Optional)

Make sure you have photocopy of all the document you submit.

All the best :)

gers
Newly Registered

Post by gers » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:30 am

Congrats Ali
Did you have to fill any form or verbal confirmation about self employment or director of a company?