ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Absence - Need seniors input

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sofiathefirst

Long Absence - Need seniors input

Post by Sofiathefirst » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:22 am

Hello,

I'm a spouse if a British Citizen and will be applying for BC in a few days time and I already have an NCS appointment. I meet all residence requirements including physical presence 3 years prior and not more than 90 days absence in the last year.

I had an unavoidable long absence of about 5 months at the beginning of the residence period. I have not read anywhere where this should be a problem as I meet all requirements but just wanted a second opinion from seniors that this would not create any issues. Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks for your help.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Long Absence - Need seniors input

Post by zahmed05 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:14 am

This will be fine as long as total absence in last 3 years is less than 270 days.

Sofiathefirst

Post by Sofiathefirst » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:50 am

Thank you very much. Yes, the total absences are less than 270 days. Would you suggest that I take any supporting documentation as to the reasons for the absence or would that not be necessary.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:05 am

would that not be necessary
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tripping

Post by tripping » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:06 am

You will need to list all your absences for the last 5 years as part of the application. No need for further supporting documentation. HO will be able to check your absences on the database for everytime you return to UK, as your non UK passport would have been scanned.

Sofiathefirst

Post by Sofiathefirst » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:17 pm

Thanks, I have already listed all absences. Was just wondering if I should take along any documents to support the reason for the long 5 long absence, but I guess it's not required since I still meet all the requirements.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:39 pm

No extra documents required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.