ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

original bank statement for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ana ali

original bank statement for spouse visa

Post by ana ali » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:08 pm

How can I get original bank statement for spouse visa.

Last time I got refused because entry clearance officer said statement are photocopies.

Though my husband went to NatWest branch to get original bank statement they gave him black-and-white bank statement and said its original. But got refused due to that..

How can I get original statement?

Can I use the uncolored statement with stamped and letter from bank for visa?

Does NatWest give a letter of authencity and stamped?

Please give me suggestion and share experience?

shakoorh

Re: original bank statement for spouse visa

Post by shakoorh » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:06 pm

Call the customer service line, number is on your card. Ask for last 6 months bank statements (or whatever you need), these will be original but may say duplicate on them. Still acceptable as mine said this on them.
Timeline:

App Mirpur (Biometrics): 29-05-15
App received Islamabad: 2-6-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (Application Processed): 18-08-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (IHS Refund/Refusal): 19-08-15
RFC: 19-08-15

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:30 pm

Or you get them to sign and stamp the statements or give a letter confirming statements are original.

But if you order on phone or online and they come via post then they are usually originals.

zk00023

Post by zk00023 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:41 pm

Hi,

Sorry to ask a question in someone else post but the question is related to bank statments!

I have online banking with barclays. Do you think printing online statment in colour pages and submit it with the settlement application would be acceptable ?

Thanks for reading the message
Regards
Zeshan

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:44 pm

Not unless it is signed & stamped by the issuing bank, or they provide a letter confirming it is authentic.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:53 pm

zk00023 wrote:Hi,

Sorry to ask a question in someone else post but the question is related to bank statments!

I have online banking with barclays. Do you think printing online statment in colour pages and submit it with the settlement application would be acceptable ?

Thanks for reading the message
Regards
Zeshan
Barclays provide the exact same statements online as the postal ones, with the bank logo and everything, Only difference will be the quality of the printing and paper used when you print them.

What i did was to change my preference from online statement to postal delivery for the period required and used them for settlement application.

On the other hand, print the online statements in colour on some quality paper and take them to your local branch. Mine were happy to stamp them there and then (though this was four years ago).
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided