ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) Dependant applying by post

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sergeyp
Newly Registered

SET(O) Dependant applying by post

Post by sergeyp » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:05 am

Hello,

I see this question has been asked quite a few times but I can't find any definitive answer.

I've got my ILR after Tier-1 in September 2015 (PEO) and now would like to send a postal application SET(O) PBS Dependant for my wife.
Obviously the application will have her original passport and BRP, however I don't want to send my ILR BRP card and my passport with her application as I need to travel outside the UK.

Can I send copies of my ILR & passport (not her obviously) ?
Do I need to notarise/certify them somehow?

I have two MN1 applications processing at the moment and for both of them I applied via NCS, so surely Home Office know my ILR is genuine..

invitty
Newly Registered

Re: SET(O) Dependant applying by post

Post by invitty » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:18 pm

Is your wife applying via FLR(M)? The FLR(M) Guidance Notes (Version 11/2015) states this under Section 10:
From 28 October 2013, if you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your partner’s current passport or travel document with your application. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages. The copy does not need to be certified; your partner must sign the declaration at section 14 of the application form to confirm it is a complete and true copy of their current passport or travel document.
If your wife is not applying under FLR(M), but PBS dependent, then I suggest you first read the Guidance document for the exact category that your wife is applying under.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:21 pm

sergeyp wrote:I've got my ILR after Tier-1 in September 2015 (PEO) and now would like to send a postal application SET(O) PBS Dependant for my wife.
Obviously the application will have her original passport and BRP, however I don't want to send my ILR BRP card and my passport with her application as I need to travel outside the UK.
@ invitty - OPs wife is clearly applying for ILR if using Set(O)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sergeyp
Newly Registered

Post by sergeyp » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:25 pm

She's applying under SET(O) and there's no information about partner's passport/brp in set(o) guidance.
Probably they just didn't think someone could try to apply separately from the main applicant.

Thanks for the information about FLR(M) guidance, it must be their general policy to accept copies of partner's travel documents, so should be OK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:24 pm

She is applying as the 'main applicant' on Set(O), your details are not required. HO have yours and her full immigration details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.