ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Settlement Visa for Wife from India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

parvez

UK Settlement Visa for Wife from India

Post by parvez » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:40 pm

Hi All,

I'm a newbie here, so please be gentle with me :D

I'm a British citizen by birth and have lived in the UK all my life. I'm flying to India this Monday 10th December to finally tie the knot with my fiancee to whom I've been engaged to for 3 years.

Our wedding will be on 30th December and we plan to apply for her settlement visa more or less immediately after that (2nd Jan). Unfortunately I need to return to the UK on 11th January for work and would ideally like my wife to fly back to the UK with me if she has been issued with her visa by that time. I have all my paperwork as evidence and her application form filled out ready to take with me.

I just wanted to know if she can realistically expect to be issued a settlement visa from the Deputy British High Commission in Mumbai within this sort timeframe (2nd January till 10th January)?

Better still if anyone has a similar experience to share, any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

impactcrew

Post by impactcrew » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:32 pm

Parvez first off all congratulations on yr marriage (Shaadi) and here is a link that can answer your questions:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 8721067257

Looking at the date of yr marraige and the time in wish u want to bring yr wife to the uk and i consider she is not a uk national I hate to say it but u would be pushing it. Reasons for this would be:

1. You will need to satisfy the ECO that this is a genuine marriage
2. The timescale is very short from the date of marraige to the intended date of return.

My suggestion which u are not obliged to accept is read all the information on what documents are required etc and then submit the application.

Myself got married in Bangladesh and within 3 months of my marraige in Bangladesh i came back with my wife.

Good Luck but i hate to say that within 2 weeks of maraige u will not get yr settlement visa but who knows, it might depend on how busy they are at the embassy.