ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby born in UK - Citizenship (Mother=EEA, Dad=Brazilian)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rvalk
Newly Registered

Baby born in UK - Citizenship (Mother=EEA, Dad=Brazilian)

Post by rvalk » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:52 pm

Hi, Everyone ! First, I was unable to find a topic in this board about it.

Basically.

Me (Hungarian/Brazilian) arrived in UK in March/2014 with my Brazilian Husband (EEA2 RC) and our 7 years old son (Hungarian/Brazilian).

Last December my daughter born in England. The gov.uk website is not clear...it's says that I need to proof that I'm settled in UK.

Ok, how to proof this ? Do I really have the right to register my daughter as British Citizen ?

ty !

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Baby born in UK - Citizenship (Mother=EEA, Dad=Brazilian

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:57 pm

No as neither you or your husband have settled status (PR)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rvalk
Newly Registered

Post by rvalk » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:58 pm

Casa wrote:No as neither you or your husband have settled status (PR)
ty !

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:55 pm

rvalk wrote:Hi, Everyone ! First, I was unable to find a topic in this board about it.

Basically.

Me (Hungarian/Brazilian) arrived in UK in March/2014 with my Brazilian Husband (EEA2 RC) and our 7 years old son (Hungarian/Brazilian).

Last December my daughter born in England. The gov.uk website is not clear...it's says that I need to proof that I'm settled in UK.

Ok, how to proof this ? Do I really have the right to register my daughter as British Citizen ?

ty !
You will be 'settled' once you (as an EEA national) have acquired PR.
Then you can apply to register daughter.

To acquire PR you have to exercise treaty rights in UK continuously for 5 years;
(for example as a worker).

So you may acquire PR by sometime in 2019 if you have been a 'qualified person' since you arrived.
Then you can go ahead & apply to register your UK-born daughter as a citizen.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

baseac
Newly Registered

Post by baseac » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:17 pm

i apply for my little one in october(2014) for british pasport.both me an my husband had at that time ilr. i phone pasport office and asked what documents they need me to send to them . they asked for P 60(for PAYE) or self assesment(for self employed ) for last 5 years plus birth certificate (long one),form and fees and thats it.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:42 am

I'm assuming you mean you had PR under EEA Regulations, not ILR. Registration is required before applying for a British passport if the child was born before the parent had permanent residency.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.