ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date and Place of First Arrival to UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsr1972

Date and Place of First Arrival to UK

Post by hsr1972 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:09 pm

Hi guys,

I have a query regarding Date and Place of first Arrival to UK ? Do we need to specify the Date and Place of First Arrival to UK even when you landed to UK on Work Permit? I have come to UK in 2005 on Work Permit ?

or Should I enter the Date and Place of First Arrival to UK when you are on Tier 1 Visa for Example I came to UK on tier1 Visa on Jan 2010 ?

Kindly let me know based on the above scenario what dates should enter is it 2005 or 2010?

Any responses would be much appreciated?

cheers
hsr72

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Date and Place of First Arrival to UK

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:29 pm

First date of arrival
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:38 pm

form AN wrote:2.1 Date and place of rst arrival in the United Kingdom (see page 8 of the Guide)
guide AN wrote:2.1 Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis, and the airport or seaport through which you then entered. If this is less than 5 years before the date on which we receive the application, or less than 3 years before this date if you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you might not meet the residence requirement (see page 6 of the Booklet AN) and your application may be unsuccessful.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:03 pm

If you don't know the date or place of entry can you just put "unknown" ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:10 pm

Unless you've lost your passport or you've entered under the EEA regulations, it's obvious on the entry stamp.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:15 pm

I have no idea how I came into the UK, I was 2 years old and I assume it was on my mother's British or Finnish passport. It was in 1991. She lived in London so I assume we landed on a plane at Heathrow or Gatwick but there is absolutely no way I can be sure.

Edit: Finland wasn't in the EU in 1991 so it was most likely under her British passport.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:22 pm

If your mother was British otherwise than by descent when you were born, then you are already British.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:25 pm

She was British by descent :(

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:31 pm

Was she (when you were born) or her father (when she was born) in the crown service?
Did she register you after 3 years residence?

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:42 pm

No and no, I was never registered as far as I know. I've only ever had a Finnish passport.

I've done a lot of research and it seems I've exhausted all options and naturalisation is my only option. I'm going to do an SAR to UKVI as soon as I get my DCPR through. I'm not expecting anything surprising though, just interested to see what they hold on me.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:58 pm

ohara wrote:If you don't know the date or place of entry can you just put "unknown" ?
Put down the year if you know it.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:46 pm

For the EEA(PR) application I put down the date as 30/04/91 - I did include a covering letter stating that the date is approximate and I had made an educated guess based on the little evidence I could gather. It was 25 years ago so it could be wrong by months.

Should I do the same on the AN form? Will they really be worried or view it as deception if I put the wrong date (and they somehow know it)?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:21 am

Do the same (with covering letter) on the AN form. As it was so long ago, I don't think that an inaccurate date would make any difference. The period they would be looking back would be for only 5, or 10 years subject to the Good Character requirements. You must also be in the UK at the start of your 5 years qualifying period.

Don't forget to include the confirmation of PR.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:29 am

I thought so. I'm already on the DCPR issue - sent the application form at the start of December, hoping it arrives soon so I can get my AN in before fee increase in April. 8)