ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport for baby

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

params0073
United Kingdom

British Passport for baby

Post by params0073 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:27 pm

Hi,
I am going to apply for my British Nationality on 02 Feb 2016 and my wife is on ILR. Now our second child is born on 24th Jan 2016 & no immediate plan to apply for baby's passport.Assuming I get British passport with in 3-4 months and my wife will be on ILR so how am I going to fill the form for my child's British passport.My doubt is that he is born when we both have ILR but I wont apply until I get British passport so I need to specify this somewhere in the form ?

Let me know if the post doesn't make much sense and anyone need more clarification ?

Thanks
Param

noajthan

Re: British Passport for baby

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:53 pm

params0073 wrote:Hi,
I am going to apply for my British Nationality on 02 Feb 2016 and my wife is on ILR. Now our second child is born on 24th Jan 2016 & no immediate plan to apply for baby's passport.Assuming I get British passport with in 3-4 months and my wife will be on ILR so how am I going to fill the form for my child's British passport.My doubt is that he is born when we both have ILR but I wont apply until I get British passport so I need to specify this somewhere in the form ?

Let me know if the post doesn't make much sense and anyone need more clarification ?

Thanks
Param
If at least one parent had ILR at time of birth (& child born in UK) then child is British.

Child can therefore apply for British passport at any time.

Not sure why there is any difficulty.

You don't have to wait until you naturalise.
Even if you do, you can still show a parent had ILR before the birth (can't you?).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:10 pm

Thanks yes I know thyat I am eligible to apply for my baby's passport. Only is dilemma that he is born while we are on ILR and when I apply I would be British and my wife would be on ILR. So the question is where do I specify this information that we were both on ILR while he was born or is this irrelevant ?

Param

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:13 pm

params0073 wrote:Thanks yes I know thyat I am eligible to apply for my baby's passport. Only is dilemma that he is born while we are on ILR and when I apply I would be British and my wife would be on ILR. So the question is where do I specify this information that we were both on ILR while he was born or is this irrelevant ?

Param
I don't have form to hand.

If no specific question on 'date 1 parent was settled' simply add in 'further information' section of form.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:17 pm

Thanks I will get the form PO. Let's see what question does it ask.

Param

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:59 pm

You have submit proof of your ID and ILR with the application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:25 pm

You mean my British passport ( assuming I get 1 in 3-4 months) and my wife's ILR document?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:34 pm

Copy of either parents foreign passport and proof of ILR if the child was born after parents obtained ILR. Only one parents proof of ILR and passport is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:54 pm

params0073 wrote:You mean my British passport ( assuming I get 1 in 3-4 months) and my wife's ILR document?
Don't worry so much about your citizenship. It's not actually all about you; your wife is quite entitled to apply, in her own right & with her current immigration status (ILR), on behalf of your child.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:39 am

Many thanks noajthan and CR001.Yep I almost forgot that I need to send only one parents passport and ILR card(BRP) so my wife's documents are more than enough.

Thanks
Param