ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unclaimed PF Amount in India Please Help

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srivisaN

Unclaimed PF Amount in India Please Help

Post by srivisaN » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:58 pm

Hi,

I am applying for BC in Feb 2016, however I have some unclaimed PF Amount in India (the amount which I should have claimed when I left my last company in India). Do I need to claim it before getting BC or can I claim it later ?

Any one with similar experience, please let me know.

Thanks,
Sri.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Unclaimed PF Amount in India Please Help

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:00 pm

I have moved your post to this forum 'other countries' as your query is not relevant to the British Citizenship forum where you posted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:00 am

You are probably better off claiming your Provident Fund (for the benefit of other users, it is the Indian equivalent of National Insurance/Social Security) before getting any foreign citizenship. While that is not based on any rules, Indian babudom is awkward at the best of times and it is best not to make the situation too complicated for them.

GIYF. Here are some interesting articles from Google about Provident Funds and International Workers in India, which is similar to, though not the same as, your situation.

https://www.kpmg.com/IN/en/services/Tax ... issues.pdf

http://articles.economictimes.indiatime ... -nationals

http://articles.economictimes.indiatime ... -india-inc
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vishpb35

Post by vishpb35 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:44 pm

IMHO you should be ok as you dont need to provide any Passport etc, if you have pan card, indian mobile number (for status update), UAN number, indian bank account ('not NRE account), , indian address, then it should not be a problem. Since nov 2015 pf withddrawal has become online process, you may need to provide self attested copies and if you are in uk then you can send all those signed forms to ur indian family members who can post it to epfo.

How long will it take to get the money refunded is a seperate discussion :)

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:52 pm

Hi,

I called my old Indian company (where I worked when I was in India), they asked me to fill bunch of 4-5 forms, sign on 1 rupee revenue stamp and courier the documnets back to them. As per them and online research the only implemented PF funds transfer to another PF account online. They didn't started PF funds withdrwal on Online, still need to the same old manual way.

Thanks,
Sri.

vishpb35

Post by vishpb35 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:35 pm

well good luck with that. please make sure you provide proper indian bank account for refund and not NRE bank account.
- Signed cancelled Cheque should be from same bank account.
- You might need to provide Form 15G signed saying that you did not have any salary for financial year 2015-16.
-You also need to send 2 seperately signed copies of form 10C and Form 19.
- AadharCard copy, driving license or address proof copy.