ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Form Jan 2016

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jigars143
Pakistan

Naturalisation Form Jan 2016

Post by jigars143 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:09 am

Dear Members,

I have a few questions regarding my AN Form....I would appreciate your help with regards to these, I am sorry if I have missed these in other posts but I was unable to find the answers.

1. EMPLOYMENT DETAILS Section: I currently have two jobs shall I write in 1.48 my Main Job and in 1.50 write the second job? What Do I need to send as a proof as my main job started in June so I don't have P60. In PAYE REFERENCE, Shall I mention PAYE References for both jobs?

Also, I had Self employment between Dec 2009 and Oct 2013. Do I mention this in section 1.50. What Proof do I need to send for my Self Employment? and What Address should I mention in Employer Address?

2. ENGLISH LANGUAGE: In guidance notes it says I need to attach print of Points-Based Calculator to show equivalent level of English. I have a Master's Degree from Kingston University in 2008. How to work this out?

Shall I just tick two boxes:
a) "I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet recognised standard of a Bachelor's degree or PhD in the United Kingdom; and
b) the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority speaking country.

3. FINGERPRINTS: Shall I write the date of fingerprints taken when I applied for ILR a year ago in Sheffield?

4. PARTNER's Details: If I am previously divorced, Do I need to send the final decree?

5. DOCUMENTS TO ATTACH: And finally, Can you please provide details of what documents should I send with my application. Any previous P60s, My Accounts submitted to HMRC for self-employment etc.

I will appreciate your help as always. I am going to take a date on Monday to apply before the end of February.

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Form Jan 2016

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:22 am

jigars143 wrote:Dear Members,

I have a few questions regarding my AN Form....I would appreciate your help with regards to these, I am sorry if I have missed these in other posts but I was unable to find the answers.

1. EMPLOYMENT DETAILS Section: I currently have two jobs shall I write in 1.48 my Main Job and in 1.50 write the second job? What Do I need to send as a proof as my main job started in June so I don't have P60. In PAYE REFERENCE, Shall I mention PAYE References for both jobs?
List the second job as appropriate. PAYE refernece etc for main job. You don't need to send P60s as proof of employment with the form.

Also, I had Self employment between Dec 2009 and Oct 2013. Do I mention this in section 1.50. What Proof do I need to send for my Self Employment? and What Address should I mention in Employer Address?
You need to mention and list ALL your employment in the last 10 years. Self employment = employment/earning wages/salary. No proof required. What address did you operate your self employment from? That is the address you write.

2. ENGLISH LANGUAGE: In guidance notes it says I need to attach print of Points-Based Calculator to show equivalent level of English. I have a Master's Degree from Kingston University in 2008. How to work this out?
UK degree alone meets the requirement for English.

Shall I just tick two boxes:
a) "I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet recognised standard of a Bachelor's degree or PhD in the United Kingdom; and
b) the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority speaking country.
This one.

3. FINGERPRINTS: Shall I write the date of fingerprints taken when I applied for ILR a year ago in Sheffield? Yes, assuming you are referring to the question about previously having your biometrics done.

4. PARTNER's Details: If I am previously divorced, Do I need to send the final decree? No

5. DOCUMENTS TO ATTACH: And finally, Can you please provide details of what documents should I send with my application. Any previous P60s, My Accounts submitted to HMRC for self-employment etc. All listed in the form and guidance notes. It is a short simple list.

I will appreciate your help as always. I am going to take a date on Monday to apply before the end of February. Make sure that on the date you apply using NCS, that you were physically present in the UK on the exact same date 5 years ago.

Thanks,
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:54 am

As Always CRO01 ...You are the first one to reply

So, I don't need to attached Points Based Calculator print for English Language Requirement? I am only confused because of what the Guidance Notes say as Below:

Evidence of knowledge of Language and of Life in the UK

From 12th November 2015, we will only accept English language qualifications from
the Home Office approved list of acceptable qualifications.
You will need to provide both:
• Letter confirming success in the Life in the UK Test, stamped and signed by
the Test Supervisor;
and either
• a Home Office approved qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, from
the Secure English Language Test list. You should ensure that you state the
test number at section 1.23 of the form);
OR
• confirmation that you met the English language requirement, on or after 28th
October 2013, in order to obtain settlement
OR
Your original degree certificate and one of the following:
1. A print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your
degree and the level of English

2. An English language Assessment (ELA) from UK NARIC (this will also show
us that UK NARIC are content that your qualification is equivalent to a UK
degree)
3. A Statement of Comparability (SoC) from UK NARIC confirming your
qualification is comparable to a UK degree, plus an official letter from your
university with your name, the title of the degree, and that the qualification was
taught in English.
4. An original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree
was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except
Canada), plus and original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming that
the equivalent level of your degree, OR
• Your passport showing that you are a national of a majority English
speaking country

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:51 am

Following to the query, I was self employed for 5 months , If I Just enter in the from and To Date in the Employment History about Self Employment period is it sufficient ? Do I need to submit any Documents as a proof for Self employment when I apply for naturalisation ? As I am aware for naturalisation we don't need to provide any proof of Employment or Self employment ?Since this is not a requirement for naturalisation ?

Kindly reply to my query which would be appreciated

Thanks
hsr72

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:13 am

hsr1972 wrote:Following to the query, I was self employed for 5 months , If I Just enter in the from and To Date in the Employment History about Self Employment period is it sufficient ? Do I need to submit any Documents as a proof for Self employment when I apply for naturalisation ? As I am aware for naturalisation we don't need to provide any proof of Employment or Self employment ?Since this is not a requirement for naturalisation ?

Kindly reply to my query which would be appreciated

Thanks
hsr72
You already have your own thread with questions about your application here (click). Please continue in your own thread. It is rude and unfair to posters to tag on to their topic with your questions and it creates confusion when people respond.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:30 am

Sorry guys , I din't realize that i have asked this question again ...I know this will create confusion in the board.

-hsr72