ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Submitted - One Point to note

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILRapplication80

Application Submitted - One Point to note

Post by ILRapplication80 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:50 pm

So I just submitted my application. Fingers crossed

One thing worth pointing out was - NCS officer said that you should not have mentioned PCNs on your application.

She said - PCN by Council are issued on the car registration number and not on any individual / person. That is why you will usually find it sticking on your windscreen without any driver detail. She said - maybe what if your friend / relative had borrowed your car that day and had parked the car incorrectly.

For a criminal conviction to happen - e.g. a FPN issued by Police. The first thing they will do is request driver information / NIP. That information is necessary for them to register the offence against the person who has committed it (can be the registered car keeper, friend or even family)

Anyway have still submitted application with PCN details.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Application Submitted - One Point to note

Post by zahmed05 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:17 pm

I never mentioned parking fines and PCN in any of my application.

were they PCNs without any points on the licence.

If yes, the NCS is right.

Regardless, this shouldn't make any difference on the outcome of the application.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:34 pm

Liability for penalty charge notices rests with the registered keeper of the vehicle. You can't get points for anything which results in a PCN, they are fines only.

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:58 pm

NCS is right coz PCN is a civil matter not criminal whereas AN Form ask to provide details of criminal offences therefore no need to declare. I did not declare PCN in my application .
Thnx
*The gravity*

ILRapplication80

Post by ILRapplication80 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:51 am

In any event to be safe - I have declared them on my application. Better be safe rather than sorry and get banned for 10 years over this

Safesky
Newly Registered

Post by Safesky » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:07 am

I have been having sleepless nights because of this. I submitted my application form on Saturday and I did not declare PCN on it.
I think PCN'S should be declared, but I will contact the NCS office first thing tomorrow morning and asked them to hold the application form. I think I will mention on it, I drive a car in which my sister is insured as well. She received 3 PCN'S on last one year but I paid two of them with my card.
I do not know how this would affect my application anyway a I will declare this in the blank space on page 22 of the application form.
Any ways people keep in touch and keep updating as to when you receive the acknowledgments and biometrics.
Also last ten years employment record what is the purpose of this? I declared everything precise but not sure if the dates are precise.

mysteryteller
Newly Registered

Post by mysteryteller » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:25 am

I think you are thinking too much, even though you paid 2 pcn from your card, there is still no way to prove you were driving that at that time so nothing sits against you in any database.

Pcns dont show up against ur dvla you can check yourself by giving your driver's reference number and ni number on dvla website.

It is upto you if you want to go back and amend application but sincerely dont complicate your application and stop thinking about that dont matter much.
believe me from personal experiences these things don't matter,so personally i want to advice you to chill relax and focus what you have to do and let the wait game begin on a side note, dont hold your plans or think too much.
All the best

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:39 am

Bruv PCN'S don't need to declare coz they are not criminal conviction hence no effect on Naturalisation with or without declaration so u don't need to worry for no reason. People have offences worse than yours and they get their naturalisation approved. PCN is peanut. You should not complicate your case.:lol:
*The gravity*

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:16 am

It's pointless declaring PCN's because they are against the KEEPER of the vehicle and not the driver...you could borrow your friends car and get 100 PCN's and HO would never know :wink:

Safesky
Newly Registered

Post by Safesky » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:51 pm

Thanks very much guys, I have been panicking for no reason.
Hopefully this is the last application.
I did enhanced dbs check and it came clear and I also did a Credit check with experience and no negative points, no CCJ or public order. Guess I can sleep tonight as the application is now submitted.
I am sorry to pester you lot but one last question, I was not involved in a road traffic collision but the person is making a false claim that I touched his bike. This was 6months ago and basically I have witness who was a passenger in taxi next to my car and he who wrote a letter explaining the fraud the bike person was trying to commit.
He went to the injury lawyer and is making a claim, funnily enough I called the police to report this and he ran off. Police came but nothing was reported and no damage to public place etc no convictions penalties or fines.
However he is making a claim from injury lawyer and my insurance company declined it. We haven't heard anything from them and there could be a chance he could take us to court probably a civil matter, if this happens will it affect my application form?
Many thanks

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:12 pm

Safesky wrote: However he is making a claim from injury lawyer and my insurance company declined it. We haven't heard anything from them and there could be a chance he could take us to court probably a civil matter, if this happens will it affect my application form?
Many thanks
this is a civil matter and shouldn't have any impact on your application. it may had an impact if you was accused of hit and run but there isn't anything here that you need to be worried about.

Best of luck for the case. Hope you win it.

mysteryteller
Newly Registered

Post by mysteryteller » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:00 pm

He cant take you court like this, insurance company simply declined the claim as he doesnt have valid claim in the first place.

He could be done for fraud so soon him and his injury lawyer firm will calm down, anyway in worse case scenario legally no body can take you court for 3 months from the date of accepting claim because they have to carry out checks so in three months third party cant force you to appear court.
Even if it settles against you, it will have no affect on your naturalisation application because it will be treated as simple road accident, no body will make you default as you had valid insurance and your insurance company will pay out. This is EXTREME case scenario and you are far from there so take it easy.

hope it helps.

Safesky
Newly Registered

Post by Safesky » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Thanks a lot everyone you guys have been of great help!!' I really appreciate it.

Many Thanks

SHAHZAD7861
Newly Registered

Post by SHAHZAD7861 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:25 am

Safesky wrote:Thanks very much guys, I have been panicking for no reason.
Hopefully this is the last application.
I did enhanced dbs check and it came clear and I also did a Credit check with experience and no negative points, no CCJ or public order. Guess I can sleep tonight as the application is now submitted.
I am sorry to pester you lot but one last question, I was not involved in a road traffic collision but the person is making a false claim that I touched his bike. This was 6months ago and basically I have witness who was a passenger in taxi next to my car and he who wrote a letter explaining the fraud the bike person was trying to commit.
He went to the injury lawyer and is making a claim, funnily enough I called the police to report this and he ran off. Police came but nothing was reported and no damage to public place etc no convictions penalties or fines.
However he is making a claim from injury lawyer and my insurance company declined it. We haven't heard anything from them and there could be a chance he could take us to court probably a civil matter, if this happens will it affect my application form?
Many thanks
How did you do enhanced DBS ... please advise. Many thanks