ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hsmp APPROVED FOR 5 YEARS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

05years
Newly Registered

hsmp APPROVED FOR 5 YEARS

Post by 05years » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:56 pm

Hi,

I was constantly checking posts on this forum for the last few months but never came across a situation like mine.

I've applied for HSMP initial approval in Nov, got approve, filed for FLR ON 27TH nOV.
I received my passport back today with a visa stamped for 5 yrs . Dec 07 - Dec 12

I was wondering if there has been any mistake coz I thouht the initial HSMP visa is ranted for a maximum of 2 years.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has got a 5 yr Leave to Remain .
Was thinking of calling the Home Office to confirm it tomorrow.

Thanks,
SR

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: hsmp APPROVED FOR 5 YEARS

Post by pantaiema » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:02 pm

05years

Some people have too much energy too confuse other people :roll: :roll:

May I ask you question ?. If U have visited this forum for the last few months why your posting is only 1 posting ?

This is your first posting ang highly contraversial .....

05years wrote:Hi,

I was constantly checking posts on this forum for the last few months but never came across a situation like mine.

I've applied for HSMP initial approval in Nov, got approve, filed for FLR ON 27TH nOV.
I received my passport back today with a visa stamped for 5 yrs . Dec 07 - Dec 12

I was wondering if there has been any mistake coz I thouht the initial HSMP visa is ranted for a maximum of 2 years.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has got a 5 yr Leave to Remain .
Was thinking of calling the Home Office to confirm it tomorrow.

Thanks,
SR
Pantaiema

05years
Newly Registered

Post by 05years » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:07 pm

Sorry .. I am a bit confused.

I've visited the site but never posted... regsitered and joined just today

That apart ... Yes I've got a Leave to Remain for 5 yrs and a letter along with it confirming the same.

This is the first time I've applied.. I am currently on WP an wanted to switch to HSMP.

I was just wondering if the 5 yrs stamp was an error ....

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:15 pm

05years wrote:Sorry .. I am a bit confused.

That apart ... Yes I've got a Leave to Remain for 5 yrs and a letter along with it confirming the same.

This is the first time I've applied.. I am currently on WP an wanted to switch to HSMP.

As you indicated you switched from WP, I guess they didn't see the harm of giving you HSMP for 5 years. I had an extension for 4 years so consider yourself lucky

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:05 pm

4 years is common for those who are under 1+4 to make up 5 Years leading to settlement. But 5 Years I have not heard about this.

I think the argument of no harm to grant for 5 years for those who switch from WP is not strong enough.
-Firstly, people who have stronger case e.g. People who are on 1+3+1 category is only granted 3 years.
-Secondly, what is the base to grant someone to 5 years, why not 6, 7, etc

05years
If U are genuine than U do not need to worry about this as if they have made mistakes than it is not your fault. U r under no obligation to inform them about this.
Pantaiema

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:50 pm

Not bad at all!!!

However, I would advise you to write to HO. Don't just sit on it when you know it is not "normal". HO must have an explanation for it and I would sleep happier in the knowledge that HO is aware of this situation, rather than let HO find out for themselves and try to take corrective action - which, God forbid, may prove detrimental.

Please note that the FLR approval letter states clearly, in Bold: "Please read the endorsement(s) carefully".

Think of the "brownie-points" you'll earn be being honest. :)

Cheers.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:52 pm

05years wrote:Sorry .. I am a bit confused.

Just double check you stamp and make sure they have not given you one more WP for 5 yrs...

Also it is better to call the HO / HSMP team and get it clarified rather than waiting for an answer on this forum as I am sure nobody on this forum will have an definite answer for this unique case.

05years
Newly Registered

Post by 05years » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:10 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I've checke the stamp..
It states

Residence Permit

Name :
Valid Until :01 Dec / Dec 12
Place, date of Issue :WPUK, Moorfoot, 01 Dec/ Dec 07
Type Of Permit : Limited Leave to Remain
Remarks : Limite Leave to Remain in UK. No Recourse to Public Funds.

I think I will call HO an inform tomorrow.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:49 am

[quote="pantaiema"]4 years is common for those who are under 1+4 to make up 5 Years leading to settlement. But 5 Years I have not heard about this.

I think the argument of no harm to grant for 5 years for those who switch from WP is not strong enough.
-Firstly, people who have stronger case e.g. People who are on 1+3+1 category is only granted 3 years.
-
Well I didnt go through my whole thinking and I was also thinking that considering all the changes going on, it was just easier to give her the 5 years to reduce individual complaints on how someone's life was messed up by hsmp because they kept changing the requirements and then its impact to ILR,

05years
Newly Registered

Post by 05years » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:17 am

I wrote to HO and they have replied stating it was a mistake. I ahve to resend my passport but I hope this doesnt ahve any other implications.

This is the mail I wrote and thier reply below.

Hi,

I have applied for an HSMP visa on 29th October 2007 and got my initial approval on 5th Nov 2007 with the reference number xxx.

I further applied for Leave to Remain(FLR) on 27th November 2007 and received the reference number xxx from Home Office.

I received my endorsed passport and documents today . The approval letter states that my application has been approved and Leave to Remain has been granted until 01 December 2012.

The endorsed details on the passport are as follows
Name :
Valid Until : 01 DEC/ DEC 12
Place , Date of Issue : WPUK, Moorfoot , 01 DEC/ DEC 07
Type of Permit : Limited Leave to Remain
Remarks : Limited Leave to Remain in the UK , No Recourse to public funds

Please confirm the above details are correct to your records.

Regards,

This is the reply I got today morning.

Unfortunately, you have been granted the wrong period of leave to remain. As an initial applicant to the highly skilled migrant programme, you should only have been granted leave to remain for 2 years.

Please return your passport to us so that we can amend your endorsement. The passport should be sent to

Name
Leave to Remain 3
Border & Immigration Agency
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA.

Regards,
WPLTR

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:21 am

05years wrote:I wrote to HO and they have replied stating it was a mistake. I ahve to resend my passport but I hope this doesnt ahve any other implications.
Damn I woulnd't have never told them
their mistake. ha ha ha
that was like when i got an a on my trignometry test, I coudln't believe and I wanted to ask the prof was he sure but I thought not going to get that snatched away from me.
But hey at least that solves that mystery

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:34 am

It is tempting to leave them uninformed, but you have done the right thing. The whole exercise of immigration is very sensitive and the best advice is to stay in the clear yourself. This will help facilitate the process in the long run. E.g., you wouldn't want them to discover the mistake at ILR and curtail your LtR, would you?

Don't compromise your long-term objectives for short-term benefits.

The important thing now is to keep a record of the visa. Take a photocopy of the visa (including those of dependants, if any) and then send the passport. If you are sending the FLR approval letter, take a copy of that as well.

I don't believe there would be any implications other than you being granted a 2 year visa to replace the 5-year one.

Cheers.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:40 am

gorajim wrote:It is tempting to leave them uninformed, but you have done the right thing. The whole exercise of immigration is very sensitive and the best advice is to stay in the clear yourself. This will help facilitate the process in the long run. E.g., you wouldn't want them to discover the mistake at ILR and curtail your LtR, would you?

Don't compromise your long-term objectives for short-term benefits.

The important thing now is to keep a record of the visa. Take a photocopy of the visa (including those of dependants, if any) and then send the passport. If you are sending the FLR approval letter, take a copy of that as well.

I don't believe there would be any implications other than you being granted a 2 year visa to replace the 5-year one.

Cheers.
yeah Yeah I agree, that was the correct thing to do
but you know how it is, it is like finding lost money
Honestly though, I dont think they could have done anything but honor it if you returned in 5 - the years you have on WP. Since you already had WP, eh, there really was minimum damage on this one from any view point.

05years
Newly Registered

Post by 05years » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:21 pm

Yup... It was pretty tempting to leave it as it is... coz my case was pretty simple ... but i dont trust the UK Immigration System that much... When they can cover up blunders like Child Benefit records theft .. I am a puny lill thing and they cud well turn it around and say I did some kind of forgery...

Some friends told me I could claim for this blunder on thier part but I guess I'm in an alien country .. dont want to alienate the system further..

Thanks for all the help .

Regards,

rsathish

Well done.

Post by rsathish » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:06 pm

Well said 05 years...you are absolutely right.

You did something like, what Russell Crowe did in the rubbish American Gangster.

Well done.

wanker
Newly Registered

Post by wanker » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:16 pm

Never Ever Seen a BIG FOOL LIKE YOU

anuhsmp
Newly Registered

Post by anuhsmp » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:32 pm

I think u have done the right thing...."better to be safe than sorry". I'm sure they will endorse ur passports for 2 yrs and return it back. it would have been just a simple mistake on their part.

Pls do update us with the results. All the best!!!!!

One more qs- Did u apply for FLR thro an agent???
I'm also waiting for my passports.....applied on 26th Nov 2007.
05years wrote:Yup... It was pretty tempting to leave it as it is... coz my case was pretty simple ... but i dont trust the UK Immigration System that much... When they can cover up blunders like Child Benefit records theft .. I am a puny lill thing and they cud well turn it around and say I did some kind of forgery...

Some friends told me I could claim for this blunder on thier part but I guess I'm in an alien country .. dont want to alienate the system further..

Thanks for all the help .

Regards,

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:33 pm

****** wrote:Never Ever Seen a BIG FOOL LIKE YOU
correct appelation

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:53 pm

SYH wrote:
correct appelation

What does this mean?

This is unacceptable behaviour. This forum is available to provide the CORRECT, PROPER advice to its members, not condemn them or support their condemnation.

It is sad that a member with as many posts as SYH has to resort to such cheap tactics. Grow up, please...

If you have nothing in the form of advise, it is perfectly okay to write nothing at all... but please also refrain from name-calling and using other insulting language.

Cheers.

Hiro
Newly Registered

Post by Hiro » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:18 am

If it made you feel better for doing it, respect to you. However, there are no "brownie points" for being honest with the HO. Thats the one place where "sometimes" honesty (or ignorance) gets you in a TIGHT FIX. At the end of the day everyone once in there lives will resort to selective honesty (be it banks, politicians or even government departments).

However, I think in your case it was a matter of personal principle and not reward (atleast from the HO) and once again, respect to you.
gorajim wrote:Not bad at all!!!

However, I would advise you to write to HO. Don't just sit on it when you know it is not "normal". HO must have an explanation for it and I would sleep happier in the knowledge that HO is aware of this situation, rather than let HO find out for themselves and try to take corrective action - which, God forbid, may prove detrimental.

Please note that the FLR approval letter states clearly, in Bold: "Please read the endorsement(s) carefully".

Think of the "brownie-points" you'll earn be being honest. :)

Cheers.

hsmp2003
Newly Registered

people who think 'he is fool' is a real big fool

Post by hsmp2003 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:16 am

if he didn't inform HO and was sitting under HSMP for 5 years silently, he himself would have biggest worries to apply for ILR, because his action was not the true reflection to the HO records.

This is life, you suffer from your own lies.

You have done the right thing for yourself.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:53 am

gorajim wrote:
SYH wrote:
correct appelation

What does this mean?

This is unacceptable behaviour. This forum is available to provide the CORRECT, PROPER advice to its members, not condemn them or support their condemnation.

It is sad that a member with as many posts as SYH has to resort to such cheap tactics. Grow up, please...

If you have nothing in the form of advise, it is perfectly okay to write nothing at all... but please also refrain from name-calling and using other insulting language.

Cheers.
Excuse me I was referring to ******. And stating that he named himself correctly. I would not resort to cheap tactics, it is not how I operate.
And frankly you should read the thing in context, I had already said she had done the right thing, I wouldn't have turned around and called her a fool.

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:13 am

SYH:

Sorry mate. Your message seemed to glorify whats-his-name's insinuations. Didn't seem like you were referring to his handle.

Cheers.