ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May Application - No response from HO

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KV

May Application - No response from HO

Post by KV » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:02 pm

I am a 24th May applicant and havent heard anything yet from home office. I have tried calling couple of times, to which the different case workers said different things. Initially i was told that case will take couple of days then when i called up after 10 days or so, another lady told me that it will take couple of weeks!!

I have sent an email also last week asking about the status...but havent got any response to that as well.

Now since they are processing the applications of 1st June...what should i do? Should i again call up and ask what happened or just wait patiently for them to send me some kind of communication.

Any suggestions any one? Has anyone else got the response?

sarab
Newly Registered

Post by sarab » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:57 pm

I'm hoping atleast they provided you your HSMP Reference number.
It is strange as they should have asked for additional info if they needed.
Did they say that they asked NARIC for your degree evaluation?
Because that could take couple of weeks (I think).

What else could have happened?
Case assigned to a case worker and then that case worker went on vacation......is it possible??

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:30 pm

That is extremly strange that they still have a pending application from the 24th of May. Did the lady give any particular reason as to why the application might take another 2 weeks?

The only consolation is that your application is being processed and hopefully you should hear from them sooner than later.

Boom05

Post by Boom05 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:39 am

Its strange but not too strange. I have heard that 'couple of weeks' story since 15th Nov update showing that they are on 18th May, i call every other day. I guess is their standard reply and i guess it means 'dont disturb us for now'.
Its easy to follow the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone !

KV

Post by KV » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:40 am

So Booom5 are you 18th may applicant? Infact on this board, i havent come across anybody who has applied between 20th and 31st may and have got a decision.

And if they do not want to reply on phone, they could say so...why r they behaving strangely...

I guess the only option is to call up again and find out or wait for sometime, till i get some physical letter from them.

bani

Post by bani » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:59 am

Could you ask for the name of your caseworker? I'm assuming you've been assigned to one already! That way, you could correspond directly by email.

shuma_shayan

Case rejected

Post by shuma_shayan » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:55 am

hIEE TO ALL ,
Yesterday i received a letter from HSMP (dated 30th nov) case rejected (my application was 27th may 2004 , pakistan ,but it was as per my expectations so no hard feelings but there were some strange points which i wanna discuss .
I am a Computer engineer did my BE from NED pakistan Got 15 points
My spouse is an engineer Got 10 points
Age 26 got 5 points

The strangest point is that I have been listening to this that HSMP is not giving point to the spouse if the marriage is less than 2 years while mine was also 1.5 years and still points were given .
Other strange point was I was given 0 points for 3 yrs experience reason written was that Letter headed refrence letters are not provided , But as far as I remember i provided all the reference letters from both the companies on letter heads mentioning all the req details .
anyhow anyone who want any kind of information feel free to contact as this forum is really very helpful dont worry folks i am not applying for review but coming with a big BAng WITH my hubbys application soon because he is into more technical field , under 28 , same education and QUALified spouse ;) so better luck next time
:)

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:46 pm

Shuma,

What is the exact HO wording on the part about the letter headed reference letters? I mean, how did they word this in their letter to you?
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture

MWazir
Diamond Member

Re: Case rejected

Post by MWazir » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:53 pm

shuma_shayan wrote:hIEE TO ALL ,
Yesterday i received a letter from HSMP (dated 30th nov) case rejected (my application was 27th may 2004 , pakistan ,but it was as per my expectations so no hard feelings but there were some strange points which i wanna discuss .
I am a Computer engineer did my BE from NED pakistan Got 15 points
My spouse is an engineer Got 10 points
Age 26 got 5 points

The strangest point is that I have been listening to this that HSMP is not giving point to the spouse if the marriage is less than 2 years while mine was also 1.5 years and still points were given .
Other strange point was I was given 0 points for 3 yrs experience reason written was that Letter headed refrence letters are not provided , But as far as I remember i provided all the reference letters from both the companies on letter heads mentioning all the req details .
anyhow anyone who want any kind of information feel free to contact as this forum is really very helpful dont worry folks i am not applying for review but coming with a big BAng WITH my hubbys application soon because he is into more technical field , under 28 , same education and QUALified spouse ;) so better luck next time
:)
There is no harm in asking for a review. Since you have provided authentic proof of experience from the companies you have worked for, you should claim the points. If the understanding of the case worker is different, then you can explain that in a covering letter when you ask for a review.

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:30 pm

But as far as I remember i provided all the reference letters from both the companies on letter heads mentioning all the req details .
Shuma you also need to be sure if you actually submitted the references on letter-headed paper.. there could have been a mix up prior to despatching your package to HO. i feel you could still clinch an approval!