ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police Registration

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dante32
United Kingdom

Police Registration

Post by Dante32 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:15 pm

Afternoon All,

Question for those in the know.

I am a British Citizen and my wife is Russian. The visa is up for renewal in March - FLR (M) to be sought.

Being Russian, she is on the named country list for Police Registration, but there was nothing printed on her entry clearance vignette.

The rules are contradictory on the internet. It seems that all citizens from the list of countries in appendix 2, which includes Russia need to register with the police, but then other web pages would indicate that unless it is written on the entry clearance vignette, registration is not mandatory.

I have also read that spouses of British citizens do not need to register, even if they are citizens of a named country.

So can anyone advise please. My wife is married to a British citizen and there is no mention of police registration on her entry clearance vignette (just no recourse to public funds). She is however Russian.

Does she need to register or not with the police?

Thanks

Dante32
United Kingdom

Re: Police Registration

Post by Dante32 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:55 pm

Any thoughts anyone?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:25 pm

326(2)(iv) exempts her.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Dante32
United Kingdom

Post by Dante32 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:07 am

vinny wrote:326(2)(iv) exempts her.

Great - thanks for letting me know.

Dante32
United Kingdom

Post by Dante32 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:06 pm

One further question. We were all living abroad when the VAF entry clearance was awarded to my wife. Was I already considered as 'settled' the moment I set foot back in the uk? The exemption of clause iv above is dependent on being settled.

Any thoughts ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:19 pm

You are British, so would be considered settled when you are in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dante32
United Kingdom

Post by Dante32 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:24 pm

CR001 wrote:You are British, so would be considered settled when you are in the UK.
Ok. Thanks