ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa query, pls help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alialee2015
Newly Registered

Visit visa query, pls help

Post by alialee2015 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:41 am

Hi all,

Hope this is the correct thread to ask few questions on how can I apply for my mother to visit the UK on a standard visitor visa. I did try to find some solid information without much success :(

I would like to sponsor my mother to visit me, would really appreciate your advice on what to do/ if our current situation is compatible with getting a visa.

My status: I currently am on ILR. Married and currently renting a property with one extra room. I have a full time permanent job with a salary of £30k p.a.

My mother: she is 50 years old, has Bangladeshi nationality and never travelled anywhere outside Bangladesh. There is no property or bank account in her name but she has shared ownership in some land and property that we own backhome.

Reason why I would like her to be in the UK: my father has recently passed away and I wanted her to get out to explore at least to see family & friends in the UK whom she hasn't met for ages.

Questions:
Can I apply for her as a full sponsor?
What documents do I require to prepare in the UK?
What documents does my mother need to prepare in Bangladesh?
What is the possibility of including my younger brother with my mother (he is 28 years old and self-employed in Bangladesh)?
Would appreciate if someone could direct me to download an application form and guidance for this type of visa.

Many thanks
Ali