ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Additions to the Directive 2004/38/EC - freedom of movements

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CheGuevara
- thin ice -
Mood:
Ireland

Additions to the Directive 2004/38/EC - freedom of movements

Post by CheGuevara » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:07 pm

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/europ ... ement_pdf/

The Commission intends to adopt a proposal to complement Directive 2004/38 on free movement of Union citizens in order to exclude, from the scope of free movement rights, third country nationals who had no prior lawful residence in a Member State before marrying a Union citizen or who marry a Union citizen only after the Union citizen has established residence in the host Member State. Accordingly, in such cases, the host Member State's immigration law will apply to the third country national. This proposal will be submitted after the above Decision has taken effect.

secret.simon

Re: Additions to the Directive 2004/38/EC - freedom of movem

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:16 pm

Also see this thread.
Last edited by noajthan on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: See linked thread
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.