ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and Passport Pilot Scheme

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

narsii

Re: Applying Naturalization and Passport at same time

Post by narsii » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:14 am

I have been following this topic from the beginning , Hence I am aware of the processing time lines ( Which are sometimes indefinite too) . After a quick scan of the posts in Dec/Jan and felt that either they are receiving overwhelming no of applications or they are short of resources.

Nothing to do with "My application" it is just my general opinion :-)

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:25 pm

narsii wrote:I have been following this topic from the beginning , Hence I am aware of the processing time lines ( Which are sometimes indefinite too) . After a quick scan of the posts in Dec/Jan and felt that either they are receiving overwhelming no of applications or they are short of resources.

Nothing to do with "My application" it is just my general opinion :-)
I dont blame you for following this too closely.

We spend years (11+ for me) to get to this point and it is a significant event in our lives so no harm in having a bit of interest.

narsii

Re: Combined applications for AN & Passport (Pilot project-H

Post by narsii » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:19 pm

narsii wrote:Hi ,

I was looking for councils providing the service for applying AN and passport at the same time , and found the information available in the council web sites .

Kent Council : http://www.kent.gov.uk/births-ceremonie ... ng-service
Gloucester Council : http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/glosn ... tychecking
Lancashire Council : http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/births-mar ... rvice.aspx
Southwark Council http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/200007 ... ng_service
Brent Council :https://www.brent.gov.uk/your-community ... ng-service ,
Although Brent council doesn't publish much information about the service , I have seen posts from November who applied for both the services from Brent council .

If people can share their experiences and any instructions to be followed while filling the forms ( similar to the details provided by Gloucestershire council while filling the passport application ).

Section 1: For the passport, an adult is from 15 years and six months and they must therefore attend the checking appointment. It is still a minor form for nationality if under 18.

Section 2: Please do not place your mobile number in section two of the passport form, we request this is placed in section 8. This is so you do not have two biometric appointments.

Section 4: Grandparents section is not required.

Section 10: The referee for the passport and nationality form will have to be the same person therefore they must be a professional and a British national. RULE CHANGED , THIS SECTION NOT REQURIED

it would be very much helpful for people like me who wish to use this BETA service and apply for AN & Passport at the same time.
Adding Wandsworth and Hackney to the List
Hackney : http://www.hackney.gov.uk/ncs.htm#.VqpMF_mLSUk
Wandsworth : http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/ncs ( The site doesn't show that they process combined applications )

littlemaiden
Newly Registered

Post by littlemaiden » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:27 pm

Got a message today that my passport will arrive in the next few days. Joint scheme, attended ceremony on the 20th.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:32 pm

Same here. Attended the ceremony on the 20th & received the text message today.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:14 am

Great news for you guys, for me I haven't had a text yet or any other update.

ILR4PVM

Post by ILR4PVM » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:06 pm

Going to Wandsworth for a combined application on Wednesday. Got the following confirmations in email.

Queries raised

1. Section 2: Mobile number: Hope it is ok to fill this (As I read in a forum that this may result in 2 bio-metric appointments, so should put mobile number in Section 8 )
2. Section 4: My parents were born aboard and have no claim for British nationality. So do I have to submit my Grandparents' details as per the form instructions ?
3. Section 5: Certificate of registration or naturalization: Hope I can leave this section blank as it is a combined application ?
4. Section 10: Countersignature in passport form - hope this is where you have confirmed that it is not applicable ? But hope I still need 2 counter signatures in the AN form ?
5. Photos - 3 identical ones with no countersignature ?
6. Do I have to fill the paper based payment form or will you be taking the total fee by debit card ?

Reply from Wandsworth NCS

1. Section2. Do not enter your mobile number here. Enter it in Section 8.
2. Section4. You must complete this section regardless.
3. Section 5. Leave blank.
4. Section 10. Leave blank. You do still need 2 referees for the from AN.
5. Three identical passport photos with no counter signature.
6. You need to complete a paper based payment form which will be sent with your application.

They also sent me a JCAP additional guidance sheet - details below:

1. The photographs that you submit for both applications must be identical (i.e. from the same sitting) and comply with the photo standards as described in the passport guidance booklet.
2. One Photograph should have your full name and date of birth on the back and be attached to your citizenship application form.
3. One photograph should have your full name date of birth on the back.
4. One photograph must be left blank on the back.
5. The passport application form must be completed in black pen.
6. Section1: Any applicant who is over the age of 15 years and 6 months at the time of the application must attend the appointment in person.
7. Section2: Please do not enter a mobile phone number in Section 2 of the application form. Enter it in Section 8 instead.
8. Section4: Grandparents details are not required.
9. Section 10. Do not complete this section. You do not need the form or photographs to be counter signed as you have provided 2 referees on your citizenship application form.
10. The payment mandate on Page 25 of the application guidance must be completed Leave the bar code blank as we assign a the passport application form a new bar code at your appointment

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:44 pm

fielddrive wrote:Great news for you guys, for me I haven't had a text yet or any other update.
Hope you receive yours soon. As the 10 days have now elapsed I'd call to enquire if you haven't already. Received my passport today.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:07 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
fielddrive wrote:Great news for you guys, for me I haven't had a text yet or any other update.
Hope you receive yours soon. As the 10 days have now elapsed I'd call to enquire if you haven't already. Received my passport today.
Congratulations cs95tdg

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Thanks zahmed05.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:32 pm

Heartiest Congratulations cs95tdg,

I will be applying in Mid Febraury today passed LIUK test.

Any families (including children) applied through this pilot scheme, If so please share experiences.

Just curious to know as we couple and daughter aged 13(born abroad) will be applying through this pilot scheme and how application of minor daughter will be dealt. (We all have ILR for a year).

Thanks in advance.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:16 pm

tehminamazher wrote:Heartiest Congratulations cs95tdg,

I will be applying in Mid Febraury today passed LIUK test.

Any families (including children) applied through this pilot scheme, If so please share experiences.

Just curious to know as we couple and daughter aged 13(born abroad) will be applying through this pilot scheme and how application of minor daughter will be dealt. (We all have ILR for a year).

Thanks in advance.
Thanks. If you've decided which JCAPS NCS you'd like to apply through then it would be worth calling them with any initial questions you have about your daughters application in advance of your appointment.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:55 am

cs95tdg wrote:Hope you receive yours soon. As the 10 days have now elapsed I'd call to enquire if you haven't already. Received my passport today.
congrats.. a long journey comes to an end.

I havent recvd the text yet, will call them tomoro. Out of interest, did you get the new style passport or not?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:18 am

fielddrive wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:Hope you receive yours soon. As the 10 days have now elapsed I'd call to enquire if you haven't already. Received my passport today.
congrats.. a long journey comes to an end.

I havent recvd the text yet, will call them tomoro. Out of interest, did you get the new style passport or not?
Yes, it's the new design from November 2015. Apparently they change every 5 years. I misjudged the number of pages in the standard passport, as its appears to be half the size of my current standard size foreign passport. I presume time will tell if I'll need to get a replacement before the 10 years is up. Hopefully it'll last longer as there would be less stamps placed in it compared to the previous one.

You should receive yours this week, based on current processing timelines.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:35 am

cs95tdg wrote:Yes, it's the new design from November 2015. Apparently they change every 5 years. I misjudged the number of pages in the standard passport, as its appears to be half the size of my current standard size foreign passport. I presume time will tell if I'll need to get a replacement before the 10 years is up. Hopefully it'll last longer as there would be less stamps placed in it compared to the previous one.

You should receive yours this week, based on current processing timelines.
Thanks for confirming... I got the text today so hopefully delivery in a couple of days.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:14 am

Great, you're almost there! You should get it tomorrow, mine wasn't delivered the next day as DX didn't do Saturday deliveries for this in my area.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:20 pm

Dear cs95tdg,

As I am also applying in the Brent council in the pilot scheme (around mid February), your suggestion on the following points will be highly appreciated.

1) How many photos one need and whats the procedure Brent Council followed.
2) I am asking one Barrrister and one GP to sign on the AN forms and the MN1 form
Which one I need to ask to sign on the Passport form
Both of then are professioanl referees of not.

Reply to the above queries will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:30 pm

tehminamazher wrote:Dear cs95tdg,

As I am also applying in the Brent council in the pilot scheme (around mid February), your suggestion on the following points will be highly appreciated.

1) How many photos one need and whats the procedure Brent Council followed.
2) I am asking one Barrrister and one GP to sign on the AN forms and the MN1 form
Which one I need to ask to sign on the Passport form
Both of then are professioanl referees of not.

Reply to the above queries will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
I would recommend that you call them directly to enquire about the latest requirements, because if you read the recent posts in this topics by those who applied in January, there have been a few recent changes around the passport application form. E.g. Countersignatory section no longer required, passport photo need not be certified by referee.

As its still a pilot scheme they are refining the process as they go, so what I did in November, would no longer be valid. The Brent council Staff were very helpful when I phoned with questions, so I'd recommend speaking to them in advance of your appointment.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:33 pm

Thanks cs95tdg,

I will ring them tomorrow morning.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:15 am

Hi All,

:( :( :(

I rang NCS Brent today.

After a very long hold lady in very bad and angry mood picked uo the phone and when tried to inquire about the queries regarding the NATuratilzation and Passport pilot scheme, she simply said that read the guidance and do what seems OK to you , The Advisors will check your application during the appointment and will let you know if you have written something wrong.#I tried to explin her that as its the pilot scheme and rules form Home Office are chaging quicky regarding this pilot scheme but she was not willing to listen to me instead she was just dictating.

I have used NCS services in AYlesbury before ( staff on the phone was very polite, couteous and helpful) but i have not came across such a bad experience in UK in my last 6 years.

Hope every thing goes OK during my appointment as we are also applying for by daughters Naturalization (MN1 Section ) at the same time.

As I am hopeless to get any advice form the Brent NCS just an advise from the forum members

I have already paid fees for the Natinality checking and the passport for my daughter also

Can some please expalin me what will be the scenario if we apply our daughters naturalisastion after we get the British passport.

I mean to say is will still be on discretion baisis of the Home Office Secretary.

What forum advise me to do regading my daughters application
APply Jointy with our application
or
Apply once we have got british passports

Thanks in advance

narsii

Post by narsii » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:54 am

Hi Tehminamazher,

That was unfortunate , I would suggest give other councils a call , Kent , Wandsworth .

I was in a similar position when I tried to get info from Brent NCS . Under the assumption that the instructions will be identical/similar to other councils , I contacted( Mail and phone) Kent and Wandsworth councils . They were really helpful and willing to answer any queries.

Details:
Wandsworth NCS :
ncs@wandsworth.gov.uk

Kent :
•Tunbridge Wells - 03000 41 22 34

Regards,
Narsii

tehminamazher wrote:Hi All,

I rang NCS Brent today.

After a very long hold lady in very bad and angry mood picked uo the phone and when tried to inquire about the queries regarding the NATuratilzation and Passport pilot scheme, she simply said that read the guidance and do what seems OK to you , The Advisors will check your application during the appointment and will let you know if you have written something wrong.#I tried to explin her that as its the pilot scheme and rules form Home Office are chaging quicky regarding this pilot scheme but she was not willing to listen to me instead she was just dictating.

I have used NCS services in AYlesbury before ( staff on the phone was very polite, couteous and helpful) but i have not came across such a bad experience in UK in my last 6 years.

Hope every thing goes OK during my appointment as we are also applying for by daughters Naturalization (MN1 Section ) at the same time.

As I am hopeless to get any advice form the Brent NCS just an advise from the forum members

I have already paid fees for the Natinality checking and the passport for my daughter also

Can some please expalin me what will be the scenario if we apply our daughters naturalisastion after we get the British passport.

I mean to say is will still be on discretion baisis of the Home Office Secretary.

or

Thanks in advance

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:24 am

tehminamazher wrote:I rang NCS Brent today.

or
Apply once we have got british passports.
That is unfortunate & I can understand if you were contemplating using another NCS. My experience with them appears to have been very different to yours and also that of narsii. I can't comment on your MN1 application but you may want to create a separate topic for anything specific you want to find out, that's not already covered under the FAQ sticky topic under this forum. http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html

As this topic is more for questions related to the Joint citizenship and passport scheme, that approach would probably get you quicker answers to the MN1 questions you have - which are independent to this.

In terms of JCAPS specific questions and answers I received from Brent council in November you can take a look at my response under... http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1276510

narsii has also made a good suggestion in calling other JCAP participating NCS councils to get answers to questions related to the latest changes to decide if you'd rather use one of them instead.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:14 pm

tehminamazher wrote:Hi All,

I rang NCS Brent today.

or

Thanks in advance
Sorry to hear about your experience. Try one of the 2 suggestions, either ring another council providing this pilot scheme or call again and ask to speak with NCS manager.

Sofiathefirst

Post by Sofiathefirst » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:13 pm

Hello everyone,

I called Brent NCS today because I wanted to find out if the passport application needed the countersignatory signature for the joint scheme. The lady was very helpful, she said it's not required anymore. When I told her my counter signatory had already signed she said I may have to fill out a new form without the counter signature. Then she put me on hold and called the home office to double check and then said that they would accept applications with the counter signature until the 17th of February so I should be OK as my appointment is next week.

I'm not sure if I should submit the passport application with the counter signature or just fill out another form which is not a problem. Does anyone have experience of how they handled the passport application at the Brent NCS? Any suggestions as to what to do?

narsii

Post by narsii » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:26 pm

Hi Sofia,

I had a similar experience ,but with Wandsworth . My referee countersigned my passport application , and I had to fill in a new form ( Infact , the NCS Team member was kind enough to complete the application on my behalf, I just signed it . I went out to get new passport photographs as they wanted one of the photos to be blank on the rear, and I had scribbled my Name and DOB behind every photo) .

So not to worry too much . Just make sure that you fill in the application with out any mistakes and fill it using black ink .

Regards,
Narsii
Sofiathefirst wrote:Hello everyone,

I called Brent NCS today because I wanted to find out if the passport application needed the countersignatory signature for the joint scheme. The lady was very helpful, she said it's not required anymore. When I told her my counter signatory had already signed she said I may have to fill out a new form without the counter signature. Then she put me on hold and called the home office to double check and then said that they would accept applications with the counter signature until the 17th of February so I should be OK as my appointment is next week.

I'm not sure if I should submit the passport application with the counter signature or just fill out another form which is not a problem. Does anyone have experience of how they handled the passport application at the Brent NCS? Any suggestions as to what to do?