ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport Surrender - Photo Guidelines

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dee2012
Newly Registered

Indian Passport Surrender - Photo Guidelines

Post by dee2012 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:48 pm

Hi All,

I am planning to surrender my Indian passport. While going through the guidelines in the VFS site, I noticed that the photo dimensions are different from the standard passport photo size. Could you let me know where I can get the 50mmx50mm photos? Are they available in standard photo booths like the one in Tesco or ASDA?

One another question I had was regarding the photocopies. The VFS site doesn't seem to mention coloured photocopies anywhere but I did see a couple of people on the forum mentioning that they took coloured photocopies of all passport (used) pages. Could anyone confirm this as well?

Many thanks
D

theaviator380

Re: Indian Passport Surrender - Photo Guidelines

Post by theaviator380 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:42 pm

Yes I did notice that difference when I applied for surrender service...it's amazing despite of charging hefty fees, those people can't even have proper information which is uniform through out the application process.

I took 2'' x 2'' photos = 50.8mm x 50.8mm and they did accept those. No issues...if they do drama at VFS, show this discrepancy at them and ask them to inform high commission and accept your application.

I would suggest take your photos manually somewhere like Max Speilmann? I don't like Box photos and cutting them in dimension could be right pain in the backside and if you don't cut it properly chances are there, they will refuse it. So don't take chance for sake of extra £3 - 5.

I took black and white photocopies, no issues..

All d best.

dee2012
Newly Registered

Re: Indian Passport Surrender - Photo Guidelines

Post by dee2012 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:51 pm

Thank you very much for the reply.
I will go with Max photos.

Regards,
D