ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dhruv87

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by dhruv87 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:54 pm

dhruv87 wrote:
Waisoo wrote:
dhruv87 wrote:hey guys finally i got reply from eutreaty that we need letter from landloard/agency or tenancy board. Letter of registration of tenacy frm the private Residential board ?
I dont have any agreement guys with landloard as m living her 4 years.
What could i do guy's please any suggestions. ..
Send them landlord letter stating that you are living in current address and signed by him, if you can't get one of your housemate to write a letter stating that yiu are currently reside on said address plus signed, any utility bill under your names
That will do
All the best
Thanks waisoo very helpful bro.
Waisoo i just wonder bro. That they ask for two things in the letter. 1. Letter from landlord /agency or tenancy agreement. 2nd. Letter of Registration of tenancy from the privat residential tenancy board.
As u said just give them letter from landlord reference. .? Do it be ok i meant what about the PRTB ?
THANKS BRo

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:23 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
pixie12 wrote:Hello just a little clarification regarding my citizenship application.
I am working part time. And my spouse is studying and collecting back to education allowance. I am my spouse dependent and my salary has been means tested. However i didnt put on my application that i was on welfare for the past three years(which clearly not, coz I never had anything under my name) Or should i say i was but only as a dependent. I was
always my spouse's dependent on Dole. Will that be a problem? Thanks in advance!
You should have wrote you were in receipt of social welfare as a spouse dependent and your salary has been means tested to save yourself of all these worries. However, if the department handling your file find it necessary, they will in due course write to you for more clarification so I don't think it will be a problem. Keep positive.
Thanks Kingdom! I never thought i really had to disclose that matter. Will they be able to find out that info? Because theres no question in that application if your husband is working, studying or unemployed. Can that be a cause of a delay in my application or rejection? As i need to travel this year for medical treatment in Eu thats why i want to know if I need to wait longer than expected.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:28 pm

Cz2015 wrote:Hi
I have applied for citizenship on the 9/92015 based on spouse of Irish citizen and association.
First acknowledgme 17/9/2015
Received another letter 4/11/2015 asking for a police clearance from Libya
Thn on the 01/12/2015 an acknowledgment and and asking if I was still a depandent on my wife's jobsee claime and employment history
And thn on the 07/12/2015 I received an acknowledgment.

And I have sent me an email today and this is wat thy replied

Hi

Your application continues to be processed. While it is not possible to
give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision
has been reached.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

Anyone knw wat this means? Can someone please tell me this is good news?
Hello, why did they asked if your still a dependent of your wife's jobseekers allowance? Are u working? Studying? Or unemployed? Just wondering coz were on the same situation. Im my spouse's dependent but didnt put it on the application for citizenship as I never really collected any welfare under my name eversince i got here.

13Warrior
Newly Registered

Post by 13Warrior » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:47 pm

I contacted th INIS today.
Still there are 2 ceremonies ,the one in Waterford and the big one in Dublin.
KingdomMan wrote:
Ludmir67 wrote:Hi,
I just checked about the Ceremony in Waterford and according to this site it is still happening as part of this years 1848 Irish Flag Commemorations weekend of events from Friday 4th to Sunday 6th March in Waterford.
Ceremony will be in City Hall on Friday4th with Minister of Justice, Francis Fitzgerald.

http://www.1848tricolour.com/2016-programme/

Whether it will only be people from Waterford area or some of us from Dublin and other areas will be invited who knows?!!!
That's not the INIS website. To get accurate information, always revert to the INIS website for naturalization and immigration matters. Thanks.

dublinNorth29
Newly Registered

Post by dublinNorth29 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:07 pm

Hi,

Applied 8th Oct 2015
First letter of receipt: 15th Oct 2015
Second stage: still pending

I notice that a lot of people with similar dates have received a second stage letter which has me concerned with my application. When I last emailed, they said the following:
Hi,

Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

It is recognised that all applicants for citizenship would wish to have a
decision on their application without delay. While most cases are now
generally processed within six months, the nature of the naturalisation
process is such that, for a broad range of reasons, some cases will take
longer than others to process. In some instances, completing the necessary
checks can take a considerable period of time. It is not possible,
therefore to provide you with a more definite answer.

Regards
Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division
Is this normal or does it mean I will be waiting a considerable amount of time?
From peoples experience, will I still make the 6 month period?

Thanks in advance,

daddy
Member of Standing

Post by daddy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:33 pm

[quote="green2016"]Hi got my naturalization letter today

My time line
Applied Oct 302015
First and second letter Nov 7 2015
Final letter 1st of Feb 2016

Thank you[/quote]

Hi green2016, are you sure about these dates in your timeline, its so strange that you applied on 30th October, 2015 and you have received your approval already, please reconfirm if you dont mind. Please dont I mean to be rude, thanks.
Daddy.

Cork121
Newly Registered

Post by Cork121 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:51 pm

Hi, Daddy.
i had the almost same timeline and i got the approval letter last week too.

My time line
Applied Oct 21/2015
First and second letter Nov 30th 2015
Final 24 jan 2016

Thank you[/quote]

Hi green2016, are you sure about these dates in your timeline, its so strange that you applied on 30th October, 2015 and you have received your approval already, please reconfirm if you dont mind. Please dont I mean to be rude, thanks.
Daddy.[/quote]

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:23 pm

pixie12 wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:
pixie12 wrote:Hello just a little clarification regarding my citizenship application.
I am working part time. And my spouse is studying and collecting back to education allowance. I am my spouse dependent and my salary has been means tested. However i didnt put on my application that i was on welfare for the past three years(which clearly not, coz I never had anything under my name) Or should i say i was but only as a dependent. I was
always my spouse's dependent on Dole. Will that be a problem? Thanks in advance!
You should have wrote you were in receipt of social welfare as a spouse dependent and your salary has been means tested to save yourself of all these worries. However, if the department handling your file find it necessary, they will in due course write to you for more clarification so I don't think it will be a problem. Keep positive.
Thanks Kingdom! I never thought i really had to disclose that matter. Will they be able to find out that info? Because theres no question in that application if your husband is working, studying or unemployed. Can that be a cause of a delay in my application or rejection? As i need to travel this year for medical treatment in Eu thats why i want to know if I need to wait longer than expected.
In my opinion, I don't think this would be any problem at all.Trust me, if they require further clarification/documentation, they sure will contact you. They'll likely find out about your social welfare payments but It won't have any adverse effect on your application or be a reason for refusal, so don't fret over that. Like I said, keep positive.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:27 pm

13Warrior wrote:I contacted th INIS today.
Still there are 2 ceremonies ,the one in Waterford and the big one in Dublin.
KingdomMan wrote:
Ludmir67 wrote:Hi,
I just checked about the Ceremony in Waterford and according to this site it is still happening as part of this years 1848 Irish Flag Commemorations weekend of events from Friday 4th to Sunday 6th March in Waterford.
Ceremony will be in City Hall on Friday4th with Minister of Justice, Francis Fitzgerald.

http://www.1848tricolour.com/2016-programme/

Whether it will only be people from Waterford area or some of us from Dublin and other areas will be invited who knows?!!!
That's not the INIS website. To get accurate information, always revert to the INIS website for naturalization and immigration matters. Thanks.
If you say so... Fingers crossed! :)

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:30 pm

dublinNorth29 wrote:Hi,

Applied 8th Oct 2015
First letter of receipt: 15th Oct 2015
Second stage: still pending

I notice that a lot of people with similar dates have received a second stage letter which has me concerned with my application. When I last emailed, they said the following:
Hi,

Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

It is recognised that all applicants for citizenship would wish to have a
decision on their application without delay. While most cases are now
generally processed within six months, the nature of the naturalisation
process is such that, for a broad range of reasons, some cases will take
longer than others to process. In some instances, completing the necessary
checks can take a considerable period of time. It is not possible,
therefore to provide you with a more definite answer.

Regards
Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division
Is this normal or does it mean I will be waiting a considerable amount of time?
From peoples experience, will I still make the 6 month period?

Thanks in advance,
Barring any complexity with your application, you are still likely to get your approval within the six month waiting time. Best of luck!

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:36 pm

daddy wrote:
green2016 wrote:Hi got my naturalization letter today

My time line
Applied Oct 302015

Thank you

Daddy.
There's nothing strange here.. even some others have gotten their approval within 2 months of applying while many others have gotten their approvals within 3 - 4 months of applying too. Many applying based on Marriage to Irish citizen get approvals within 2 - 6 months of applying. This is sure the fastest route to acquiring Naturalization.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:48 pm

Thanks kingdom!! yeah I know a friend who was on the same situation as me. Just not sure what she put in her application at the time. Took her 6 months in total from the day she applied til she got her passport.( they're both on welfare, housing, and medical card) Hopefully mine wont take long. Got my ackowledgement letter last friday jan 29,2016. Applied jan 18, 2016. Hahaha! I have a longgg way to go!
Wish you get your approval soon Kingdom! Sending positive vibes in the air!!

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:55 pm

pixie12 wrote:Thanks kingdom!! yeah I know a friend who was on the same situation as me. Just not sure what she put in her application at the time. Took her 6 months in total from the day she applied til she got her passport.( they're both on welfare, housing, and medical card) Hopefully mine wont take long. Got my ackowledgement letter last friday jan 29,2016. Applied jan 18, 2016. Hahaha! I have a longgg way to go!
Wish you get your approval soon Kingdom! Sending positive vibes in the air!!
Thanks bro! Don't worry much, I see you getting your approval by coming April or May '16 if all goes well, which it should for you. :)

green2016

Post by green2016 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:25 pm

daddy wrote:

My time line
Applied Oct 302015

Thank you

Daddy.
Hi i am 10000 % sure about my dates

the best way for you to check or for any one is to get the serial number of some one who got approved , who applied around your dates , and compare to your one , so you know if your one is holding up

thank you
Last edited by green2016 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

green2016

Post by green2016 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:29 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
daddy wrote:

My time line
Applied Oct 302015

Thank you

Daddy.
There's nothing strange here.. even some others have gotten their approval within 2 months of applying while many others have gotten their approvals within 3 - 4 months of applying too. Many applying based on Marriage to Irish citizen get approvals within 2 - 6 months of applying. This is sure the fastest route to acquiring Naturalization.
i have compared applications few of them , irish spouse, eu fam, and stamp 4

to my knowledge irish spouse and eur fam ones are a bit ahead of stamp 4

i might be wrong thats what i have seen

kingdom man is one of the most knowledgeable i have ever seen in a forum , he might know better than me

thank you

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:08 pm

Daddy.[/quote]
There's nothing strange here.. even some others have gotten their approval within 2 months of applying while many others have gotten their approvals within 3 - 4 months of applying too. Many applying based on Marriage to Irish citizen get approvals within 2 - 6 months of applying. This is sure the fastest route to acquiring Naturalization.[/quote]

i have compared applications few of them , irish spouse, eu fam, and stamp 4

to my knowledge irish spouse and eur fam ones are a bit ahead of stamp 4

i might be wrong thats what i have seen

kingdom man is one of the most knowledgeable i have ever seen in a forum , he might know better than me

thank you[/quote]

YOU ARE VERY CORRECT TO SAY IRISH SPOUSE AND EU FAM ARE A BIT AHEAD! AND IF YOU GO APPLYING BASING IT ON ASSOCIATION, THEN, BE READY AND PREPARED TO WAIT TILL ETERNITY I MUST SAY!!! :lol:

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:39 pm

Next citizenship ceremony is in April in Dublin, Congratulations!

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:40 pm

Waisoo

Post by Waisoo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:56 am

dhruv87 wrote:hey guys finally i got reply from eutreaty that we need letter from landloard/agency or tenancy board. Letter of registration of tenacy frm the private Residential board ?
I dont have any agreement guys with landloard as m living her 4 years.
What could i do guy's please any suggestions. ..
Thanks waisoo very helpful bro.[/quote]
Waisoo i just wonder bro. That they ask for two things in the letter. 1. Letter from landlord /agency or tenancy agreement. 2nd. Letter of Registration of tenancy from the privat residential tenancy board.
As u said just give them letter from landlord reference. .? Do it be ok i meant what about the PRTB ?
THANKS BRo[/quote]

Hi again.
If you have PRTB it's good if not it's not compulsory at all, landlord letter or your lease is sufficent,send them landlord letter and copy of your lease if you have stating your names and sigbed by him

daddy
Member of Standing

Post by daddy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:38 am

Please can someone share an Idea on how long advange stage could take. Thanks

Waisoo

Post by Waisoo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:57 am

daddy wrote:Please can someone share an Idea on how long advange stage could take. Thanks
2 - 6 weeks

Ludmir67
Newly Registered

Post by Ludmir67 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:33 pm

Hi All,
I just spoke to a lady in corporate services, who looks after the booking of events in City Hall in Waterford City Council and she confirmed that the Citizenship Ceremony listed to take place on 4th March is booked in their diary to take place there in City Hall. I know Kingdom man that INIS is the site to refer to for offical confirmation of ceremonies but I asked why was it not listed on INIS site but she couldn't understand why it wasn't, as far as she was aware it was going ahead and hadn't heard otherwise. I also asked could it be that it's just applications from the Waterford area who will be invited but she couldn't say. Just wondering is there anyone on here who has gotten an invitation to this Ceremony, anyone from the Waterford area on this forum? Seems odd that it's not listed on INIS but yet is booked to happen.
cheers

zsk_747
Ireland

Post by zsk_747 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:41 pm

Ludmir67 wrote:Hi All,
I just spoke to a lady in corporate services, who looks after the booking of events in City Hall in Waterford City Council and she confirmed that the Citizenship Ceremony listed to take place on 4th March is booked in their diary to take place there in City Hall. I know Kingdom man that INIS is the site to refer to for offical confirmation of ceremonies but I asked why was it not listed on INIS site but she couldn't understand why it wasn't, as far as she was aware it was going ahead and hadn't heard otherwise. I also asked could it be that it's just applications from the Waterford area who will be invited but she couldn't say. Just wondering is there anyone on here who has gotten an invitation to this Ceremony, anyone from the Waterford area on this forum? Seems odd that it's not listed on INIS but yet is booked to happen.
cheers
@Ludmir67...........You are right, small ceremony will be held on 4th March 2016 in Waterford. I received an email last week from citizenship regarding about availability for March ceremony and I have confirmed them already that i am available for this ceremony and then received another email 3 days ago from citizenship that I will be invited for March ceremony but still waiting for official invitation letter. I lives in Carlow and Waterford only 40 mins drive from my house.

Ludmir67
Newly Registered

Post by Ludmir67 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi zsk_747,
Thanks for that info and that's great news for you congratulations! So maybe it is just applicants from Waterford and surrounding areas because it's a small ceremony. Maybe they don't list it on INIS site as they would get bombarded with requests from all the enthusiastic applicants to attend this ceremony :) !

zsk_747
Ireland

Post by zsk_747 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:03 pm

Ludmir67 wrote:Hi zsk_747,
Thanks for that info and that's great news for you congratulations! So maybe it is just applicants from Waterford and surrounding areas because it's a small ceremony. Maybe they don't list it on INIS site as they would get bombarded with requests from all the enthusiastic applicants to attend this ceremony :) !
Thanks............One of my friend is from Dublin and he will be invited for March ceremony too and i don't think so this ceremony belongs to only Waterford or surrounding areas applicant's.