ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistan UK Spouse visa appeals

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MGH
BANNED

Re: PAKISTAN UK SPOUSE VISA APPEALS

Post by MGH » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:01 am

2011maryam wrote:Guys

Please everyone do dua for me i have my hearing next monday in bradford.

Will let u all know how it went - please keep me in ur dua
Salaam sister, I had my wife's visa appeal in Bradford on 25th January 2016. Currently awaiting decision. Please make dua for us. May Allah grant visas to all the people on this forum.

Mrs Shah
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs Shah » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:56 am

Please help me making my decision. My second application for fiancé visa rejected on some baseless points that Eco is not satisfied and called the relationship subsisting. Although we applied everything. All other requirements are met. Now we don't know wether to reapply or to go for appeal. But appeal is a lengthy process now of one year. So what to do?

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:01 pm

Mrs Shah wrote:Please help me making my decision. My second application for fiancé visa rejected on some baseless points that Eco is not satisfied and called the relationship subsisting. Although we applied everything. All other requirements are met. Now we don't know wether to reapply or to go for appeal. But appeal is a lengthy process now of one year. So what to do?
Fiancé visas are very difficult, if you can get married and apply for spouse visa its a lot simpler

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:03 pm

MGH wrote:
stillwaiting123 wrote:@MGH
how do u know what was overturned and not?
Have u recieved your bundle? I still havent seen what embassy has said about my case

My appeal date was exactly one year from the date of my original application in Islamabad, review deadline was Mid August. Appeal was heard in court on 25th January 2016. Currently awaiting the decision of the tribunal.
Thanks for the reply

This helped clear things up!
Best of luck to u hope it goes in your favour
1st App:10.06.14-Refused 21.11.14
2nd App:04.02.15-Refused 22.04.15

Appealed:19.05.15-Review Deadline:27.10.15
Court Date:02.09.16

3rd App:
Bio:29.04.16 (priority)
HO enquiry:16.05.16
Processed:17.05.16
Call:20.05.16
Collected:23.05.16
Alhamdulilah

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:14 pm

worried1 wrote:Please can anyone advice who to contact
to get an update for appeal
I appealed for spouse visa on the
15 December 2015, the money has been
taken out of my account, but no update,
if anyone can advise how i can get an
update regarding my appeal
thankyou
Hi, there is no need to try and get an update, you should soon receive a pending date, which is usually around 15 weeks from the date of lodging appeal. If the orignal decision is overturned you should get confirmation around the time of the pending date, If the orignal decision is upheld you should expect a court date around 6 to 8 months from the date of lodging your appeal.

Mrs Shah
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs Shah » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:47 pm

MGH wrote:
Mrs Shah wrote:Please help me making my decision. My second application for fiancé visa rejected on some baseless points that Eco is not satisfied and called the relationship subsisting. Although we applied everything. All other requirements are met. Now we don't know wether to reapply or to go for appeal. But appeal is a lengthy process now of one year. So what to do?
Fiancé visas are very difficult, if you can get married and apply for spouse visa its a lot simpler
Actually we can't remarry in Pakistan. Our first application was refused on the basis that my husband didn't divorce his first wife at the time of our nikha. That's y after divorce we applied for fiancé becoz our nikha is not valid under uk law. That's y i m asking to go for reapply or to go for appeal?

binubinu

Post by binubinu » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:07 pm

Salaam everyone,

I don't how you guys are getting your MPs to help you, I've visited him and emailed him several times asking to send a letter or help in anyway he can, but he keeps giving me the same response, i.e. he can't do anything for me.

This was his latest reply to an email I sent him, telling him that other MPs have helped, why can't he?

"I appreciate that the long wait, for the Entry Clearance Officer’s decision, must be difficult and upsetting for you, but there is nothing I can do at this stage to help you.
Once a decision is made, all that an MP can do is call for a Review, which in your case is already taking place, or chase up a date for the Appeal Hearing, which cannot be done at this stage. If other MPs ignore these rules, that is a matter for them, but as an MP with a large number of Immigration cases, it is important that I abide by the rules set down by Parliament. It would be no help to you, or my other constituents, if I tried to influence the ECO’s decision, when I have no right to.
I am sorry to have to send another disappointing response; however, if you have not heard from the Appeals Tribunal, or the ECO, by the end of February, please don’t hesitate to contact me again."
2nd Visa Application: 23/04/2015
Visa Refused: 07/09/2015
Appealed Lodged: 30/09/2015
Review Deadline: 15/02/2016
Review Overturned: 22/02/2016
Call in letter received via email: 21/03/2016
Passport submitted to VAC Islamabad: 07/04/2016

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:10 pm

binubinu wrote:Salaam everyone,

I don't how you guys are getting your MPs to help you, I've visited him and emailed him several times asking to send a letter or help in anyway he can, but he keeps giving me the same response, i.e. he can't do anything for me.

This was his latest reply to an email I sent him, telling him that other MPs have helped, why can't he?

"I appreciate that the long wait, for the Entry Clearance Officer’s decision, must be difficult and upsetting for you, but there is nothing I can do at this stage to help you.
Once a decision is made, all that an MP can do is call for a Review, which in your case is already taking place, or chase up a date for the Appeal Hearing, which cannot be done at this stage. If other MPs ignore these rules, that is a matter for them, but as an MP with a large number of Immigration cases, it is important that I abide by the rules set down by Parliament. It would be no help to you, or my other constituents, if I tried to influence the ECO’s decision, when I have no right to.
I am sorry to have to send another disappointing response; however, if you have not heard from the Appeals Tribunal, or the ECO, by the end of February, please don’t hesitate to contact me again."

Contacting your MP is a waste of time, they have no influence whatsoever.

binubinu

Post by binubinu » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:47 pm

MGH wrote:
binubinu wrote:Salaam everyone,

Contacting your MP is a waste of time, they have no influence whatsoever.
Then how come other people's MPs do?
This MP did help when I was going through my original visa application, my application took more than 8 months! So I contacted MP and he did send a letter and I got a response after a week, yes it was a refusal but atleast I could move on and start appeal process then.
He just keeps saying he can't help during appeal, it's not fair when other MPs are helping or even trying to help.

2011maryam

Post by 2011maryam » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:21 pm

MGH wrote:Salaam, I had my spouse visa appeal heard on 25th January 2016 in Bradford, the appeal date was exactly 1 year after I submitted the orignal application in Islamabad. Currently awaiting decision of the court, please pray for us. Good luck to everybody else waiting.

Inshallah hope its good news
Did u represent urself or did u have a solicitor
Mine is on monday inshallah also at bradford so scared
Visa Refused: 23/4/ 2015
Appeal Submitted: 29/4/2015
Appeal notice issued: 23/6/16
Review date: 6/10/2015
Court hearing: 8/2/2016
Judge decision received: 10/2/2016
Call in Letter: 24/2/16
Submitted PP : 26/2/16
Visa granted: 20/4/16

2011maryam

Post by 2011maryam » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:23 pm

MGH wrote:

Salaam sister, I had my wife's visa appeal in Bradford on 25th January 2016. Currently awaiting decision. Please make dua for us. May Allah grant visas to all the people on this forum.
Ameen may Allah make this long journey easy for us all

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:32 pm

2011maryam wrote:
MGH wrote:

Ameen may Allah make this long journey easy for us all

Ameen, I was represented by a solicitor. However I did quite a lot of research myself, I managed to get some recent cases from the tribunal which had similar refusal reasons as mine, that were granted at court. I presented these to the judge in court. The solicitor can only really ellaborate on any answers you give, he cannot provide any submission on his own.

farrukh786786

Post by farrukh786786 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:35 pm

2011maryam wrote:
MGH wrote:Salaam, I had my spouse visa appeal heard on 25th January 2016 in Bradford, the appeal date was exactly 1 year after I submitted the orignal application in Islamabad. Currently awaiting decision of the court, please pray for us. Good luck to everybody else waiting.

Inshallah hope its good news
Did u represent urself or did u have a solicitor
Mine is on monday inshallah also at bradford so scared
could you please share your refusal points ? And how many months you had waited for a hearing date ?may Allah Grant you success.

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:41 pm

could you please share your refusal points ? And how many months you had waited for a hearing date ?may Allah Grant you success.[/quote]

There is nothing to be scared of, the HO rep is usually a bit of full of it, the judge is quite good, just listens to all submissions, if you read my posts at the top of this page I have wrote all my refusal reasons and timeline

farrukh786786

Post by farrukh786786 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:47 pm

MGH wrote:could you please share your refusal points ? And how many months you had waited for a hearing date ?may Allah Grant you success.
There is nothing to be scared of, the HO rep is usually a bit of full of it, the judge is quite good, just listens to all submissions, if you read my posts at the top of this page I have wrote all my refusal reasons and timeline[/quote]
Thank u very much for all of ur replies actually now I've asked @maryam2011 the refusal reasons of her as why it didnt overturn in the review stage .

farrukh786786

Post by farrukh786786 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:01 pm

@maryam could you please share ur refusal reason ?
@binubinu why you dont check the status of your appeal from shieffield islambad as ur review deadline is in February so I suggest check ur status .it must be reviewed .

2011maryam

Post by 2011maryam » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:31 pm

farrukh786786 wrote:@maryam could you please share ur refusal reason ?
@binubinu why you dont check the status of your appeal from shieffield islambad as ur review deadline is in February so I suggest check ur status .it must be reviewed .
@farukh786786

My reasons were that my husband was a overstayer on his student visa all other criteria was met.
We also have a son together aswell but even based on human rights they didnt allow the appeal.
Plus they also can't put overstaying as a reason for refusal when u have made a settlement application

binubinu

Post by binubinu » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:48 pm

I already emailed them 2 days ago and they haven't even looked at my case yet!
They replied back with "I cannot say when the application will be reviewed but we will do it as soon as we can"

So I don't really know what to do now, that's the reason I was chasing the MP, I thought maybe if they received a letter from MP they might start with my case, cuz if they don't look at it by 15th February (my review deadline) then it will definitely go to hearing, right?

I am just so stressed and depressed about this, as I know nearly everyone on this forum is.
In Sha Allah this nightmare will pass over all of us very soon.

dcfitness

Post by dcfitness » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:05 pm

binubinu wrote:

They replied back with "I cannot say when the application will be reviewed but we will do it as soon as we can"

So I don't really know what to do now, that's the reason I was chasing the MP, I thought maybe if they received a letter from MP they might start with my case, cuz if they don't look at it by 15th February (my review deadline) then it will definitely go to hearing, right?

I am just so stressed and depressed about this, as I know nearly everyone on this forum is.
@binubinu

No it does not mean that it will go to hearing. Push your MP to ring home office once or twice a week and ask them to review your case and overturn the original decision. What was your refusal reason?

binubinu

Post by binubinu » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:38 pm

dcfitness wrote:
binubinu wrote:

@binubinu

No it does not mean that it will go to hearing. Push your MP to ring home office once or twice a week and ask them to review your case and overturn the original decision. What was your refusal reason?
lol I have already pushed my MP but he keeps insisting he can't do anything for me until the review deadline has passed. And even then he can only enquire about when I would get a hearing date!

My reason for refusal was soo stupid, I am currently and have been employed by 1 company since 2013 and I am earning £22,000 p.a. and I supplied my employment contract, a letter from my employer and 6 months of wage slips & bank statements and the reason they gave for refusal was that I work for 3 different employers and earning less than £18,600!!!
Upon consulting with my lawyer we came to the conclusion that my documents were misplaced with someone else's and they have refused on that basis.
Which is outrageous as we pay so much in fees for them to not mess up like this. I am paying for a stupid mistake that they made.

I am 99% sure I will win if it does go to a hearing but that is another £900 from my pocket to the lawyer and another 6-8 months separation from my husband!

farrukh786786

Post by farrukh786786 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:17 pm

@binubinu What a injustice is this if bhc reviewed a case with 18 feb deadline then your should be reviewed earlier .
Thats mean mp has influence on bhc 's so called "QUEUE ".
Which is just for like us whose mp are from conservative and they totally ignore us .
Sister your refusal is so much baseless it should be oveturn within 28 days deadline.I assumed all feb applicants got reviewed but if u r still waiting then where am I suppose to myself as mine deadline is 15 March. :(
May Allah give u success very soon .Allah grant us all sabar.

farrukh786786

Post by farrukh786786 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:23 pm

@2011marryam sister many many prayers for u may Allah give u success and home office should learn a lesson to not breach family rights if an innocent kid is involved.
How many month u had waited for ur court date as I noticed cases involve with kids usually receive court date earlier unless case would be much complicated.

binubinu

Post by binubinu » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:40 pm

farrukh786786 wrote:@binubinu What a injustice is this if bhc reviewed a case with 18 feb deadline then your should be reviewed earlier .
Thats mean mp has influence on bhc 's so called "QUEUE ".
Which is just for like us whose mp are from conservative and they totally ignore us .
Sister your refusal is so much baseless it should be oveturn within 28 days deadline.I assumed all feb applicants got reviewed but if u r still waiting then where am I suppose to myself as mine deadline is 15 March. :(
May Allah give u success very soon .Allah grant us all sabar.
My MP is from the Labour party, I even voted for him when he was getting elected.

I know it is baseless and I know it doesn't make sense at all but I guess this is what Allah has written for me, my husband and our 2 year old son.

I am thankful that I atleast have my son with me, but what about my husband, who has only seen his first born child for 4 months?

It is ridiculous and very unjust to have to go through this process.

I dunno about your situation, but I will make dua that you are soon reunited with your spouse.
and In Sha Allah no one else goes through what we are experiencing.

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:50 pm

@binubinu

Don't worry sis inshallah it will all work out

My hubby has not seen my 2 year old for 9 months now and this upsets me more than anything, inshallah our sabr will be rewarded x
1st App:10.06.14-Refused 21.11.14
2nd App:04.02.15-Refused 22.04.15

Appealed:19.05.15-Review Deadline:27.10.15
Court Date:02.09.16

3rd App:
Bio:29.04.16 (priority)
HO enquiry:16.05.16
Processed:17.05.16
Call:20.05.16
Collected:23.05.16
Alhamdulilah

farrukh786786

Post by farrukh786786 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:53 pm

Dont loose heart sister , you will win at review stage in sha Allah .A mp from labour !! Really strange behaviour .Anyway why u r thinking that if u wont listen till ur deadline its goes to court , undoubtedly tribunal listed it for court but u will still have chance to win it until bhc upheld their original decision so my suggestion is just wait a couple of week and at 15 feb do send an email to ur mp that still bhc didnt review it in this case atleaset he would be able to make ur case reviewed postive or negative .May Allah make it podsitive for u and all of us.Good luck we all pray for u .may Allah reunite an innocent soul with his love ones.