ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

green2016

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by green2016 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:05 pm

Hi need small suggestion ,what should I do

Today I got letter from EU treaty rights asking for more documents

Yesterday I got letter for naturalization to send garda card and 950 fee

Thank you

zsk_747
Ireland

Post by zsk_747 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:13 pm

green2016 wrote:Hi need small suggestion ,what should I do

Today I got letter from EU treaty rights asking for more documents

Yesterday I got letter for naturalization to send garda card and 950 fee

Thank you
@ green2016...........As per my experience, you have granted your citizenship and you do not need to worry about your EU treaty rights extension visa. You can write a letter to them that you have approved your citizenship and not interested in extension. This is my opinion only.

Ludmir67
Newly Registered

Post by Ludmir67 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:27 pm

zsk_747 wrote:
Ludmir67 wrote:Hi zsk_747,
Thanks for that info and that's great news for you congratulations! So maybe it is just applicants from Waterford and surrounding areas because it's a small ceremony. Maybe they don't list it on INIS site as they would get bombarded with requests from all the enthusiastic applicants to attend this ceremony :) !
Thanks............One of my friend is from Dublin and he will be invited for March ceremony too and i don't think so this ceremony belongs to only Waterford or surrounding areas applicant's.
Ok zsk_747 if you don't mind so when did you and your friend get approval letters or send your fees to INIS? be interesting to see what dates in relation to them receiving your fees to being invited to march ceremony. I sent my fee and GNIB card last week so maybe I'll have to wait for the big ceremony in April

Cz2015
Ireland

Post by Cz2015 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:31 pm

hi all
can anyone tell me how long it takes when you apply on basis of association?
I originally applied on basis of marriage but because i havnt been in ireland for 4 years only been here 3 thy told me my application is changrd to association?
any one gt any experience here or any idea of a time line? im strting to think its gnna take more than 6 months

thanks in advance

zsk_747
Ireland

Post by zsk_747 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:35 pm

Ludmir67 wrote:
zsk_747 wrote:
Ludmir67 wrote:Hi zsk_747,
Thanks for that info and that's great news for you congratulations! So maybe it is just applicants from Waterford and surrounding areas because it's a small ceremony. Maybe they don't list it on INIS site as they would get bombarded with requests from all the enthusiastic applicants to attend this ceremony :) !
Thanks............One of my friend is from Dublin and he will be invited for March ceremony too and i don't think so this ceremony belongs to only Waterford or surrounding areas applicant's.
Ok zsk_747 if you don't mind so when did you and your friend get approval letters or send your fees to INIS? be interesting to see what dates in relation to them receiving your fees to being invited to march ceremony. I sent my fee and GNIB card last week so maybe I'll have to wait for the big ceremony in April
Me and my friend had received an approval letter on 22nd Jan, 2016 and I had sent my fee along with the GNIB card on 28th Jan, 2016. I will advise to you, email to citizenship and let them know that you are available for March ceremony,if place will be available then they might will invite you for this ceremony. Just try to send them email and then lets see what will happen.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:00 pm

Cz2015 wrote:hi all
I originally applied on basis of marriage but because i havnt been in ireland for 4 years only been here 3 thy told me my application is changrd to association?
any one gt any experience here or any idea of a time line? im strting to think its gnna take more than 6 months

thanks in advance
Why didnt u apply based on marriage if you're here for three years already?
I applied based on my marriage to an irish national(descent)
Exactly after 3 years im here.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:03 pm

Kingdomman, i have another question.
Do u think it is much better if i call the INIS, or email them that I answered NO to the social welfare part, instead of YES(as i am a dependent).
I just dont want them to make an impression of me that I am lying or what not. It was an honest mistake. Do u think i should give them a heads up? Or just leave it as it is and wait for them if they need something from me?
Thanks in advance!!

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:15 pm

thanks in advance
Sorry, i I may ask, what's the basis of your Irish Association'? To whom are you basing the association? With that, I'll be in a better position to give m opinion.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:21 pm

pixie12 wrote:Kingdomman, i have another question.
Do u think it is much better if i call the INIS, or email them that I answered NO to the social welfare part, instead of YES(as i am a dependent).
I just dont want them to make an impression of me that I am lying or what not. It was an honest mistake. Do u think i should give them a heads up? Or just leave it as it is and wait for them if they need something from me?
Thanks in advance!!
There's no need for you to sound alarm bells, leave the INIS to process your file and if they find the need to contact you in that wise, trust, they would. It's a technical error(oversight) on your part but that doesn't make you a liar or show you in bad light to them.For me, it's really nothing and I believe it won't raise eye brows whatsoever. Keep calm and positive while your application continues to be processed. 8)

Cz2015
Ireland

Post by Cz2015 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:42 pm

KingdomMan wrote:

thanks in advance
Sorry, i I may ask, what's the basis of your Irish Association'? To whom are you basing the association? With that, I'll be in a better position to give m opinion.

thanks for ur reply @kingdomMan
i applied on the bassis of marriage and was told i do not meet the residency conditions..so application was changed to association with my wife nd child.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:44 pm

Cz2015 wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:

thanks in advance

thanks for ur reply @kingdomMan
i applied on the bassis of marriage and was told i do not meet the residency conditions..so application was changed to association with my wife nd child.
Okay! You will still need the minister's absolute discretion to waive some of the residency conditions and this makes the process and your waiting time a bit longer than usual. In all, that your application continues to be processed is a good omen for you and hopefully you won't have to wait for too long again. Best of luck!
Last edited by KingdomMan on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pacificislands
Newly Registered

Post by pacificislands » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:46 pm

Punjabi wrote:
pacificislands wrote:Hi Guys,

I submitted my Application 23rd Of October 2015, I am living in Ireland since Oct 2008 stamp 4 visa. And applied stamp 4 eu fam nov 2013.

I Got letter back stating they recieved my application with a receipt of 175 euros after a week lodging my application.

I emailed them last Jan 25,2016 and this what it says on the email.

Your application is at an advanced stage & you will be informed of the
Ministers decision as expeditiously as possible.

Regards

Tony Greene
Citizenship Division

What is the meaning of advance stage? I hope I wont wait too long now. So excited.
Looking to hearing from your response.
Hi
Its mean your application is final stage and i hope so u will get approval within one or 2 weeks?

Hi guys I got a letter today asking me to pay €950 and return the GNIB card.Does it mean it was approved???

pacificislands
Newly Registered

Post by pacificislands » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:48 pm

Timeline!!!

23/10/2015- Submitted application
05/11/2015- 1st Notification
02/02/2016- Letter asking me to pay €950 and return GNIB card

Does it mean it is successful??

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:50 pm

pacificislands wrote:
Punjabi wrote:
pacificislands wrote:Hi Guys,

I submitted my Application 23rd Of October 2015, I am living in Ireland since Oct 2008 stamp 4 visa. And applied stamp 4 eu fam nov 2013.

I Got letter back stating they recieved my application with a receipt of 175 euros after a week lodging my application.

I emailed them last Jan 25,2016 and this what it says on the email.

Your application is at an advanced stage & you will be informed of the
Ministers decision as expeditiously as possible.

Regards

Tony Greene
Citizenship Division

What is the meaning of advance stage? I hope I wont wait too long now. So excited.
Looking to hearing from your response.
Hi
Its mean your application is final stage and i hope so u will get approval within one or 2 weeks?

Hi guys I got a letter today asking me to pay €950 and return the GNIB card.Does it mean it was approved???
Yes! Congratulations!!!

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:52 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
pixie12 wrote:Kingdomman, i have another question.
Thanks in advance!!
There's no need for you to sound alarm bells, leave the INIS to process your file and if they find the need to contact you in that wise, trust, they would. It's a technical error(oversight) on your part but that doesn't make you a liar or show you in bad light to them.For me, it's really nothing and I believe it won't raise eye brows whatsoever. Keep calm and positive while your application continues to be processed. 8)

Thanks kingdomman!!
I'll just leave it then, i was about to type in an email for them but deleted it. Lol. Anyways thanks again! Will u guys updated about my application.

Star1988
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Star1988 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:55 pm

can anyone give me some info please.
I applied for citezenship in early 10/15. I received the first letter with the fee paid. I emailed them today and I was told your application has just passed to the second stage. I was just wondering how long will it take? My application seems to be going very slow, it took 4 months to go to second stage. Is this normal guys?

Cz2015
Ireland

Post by Cz2015 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:56 pm

@kingdomMan do u think i will gt it b4 the april ceremony? baring in mine my application date was 9/9/3015
thank you gor ur reply

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:22 pm

pacificislands wrote:Timeline!!!

23/10/2015- Submitted application
05/11/2015- 1st Notification
02/02/2016- Letter asking me to pay €950 and return GNIB card

Does it mean it is successful??
YESSSSS!! APPROVAL IT IS!!! CONGRATS!!! :D

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:26 pm

Cz2015 wrote:@kingdomMan do u think i will gt it b4 the april ceremony? baring in mine my application date was 9/9/3015
thank you gor ur reply
i REALLY CAN NOT SAY! Fingers crossed though, anything can happen and if I were you, I won't hope too much for April ceremony so I won't be disappointed if it doesn't come through for me. You are certain to get an approval and it's only just a matter of time.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:29 pm

Star1988 wrote:can anyone give me some info please.
I applied for citezenship in early 10/15. I received the first letter with the fee paid. I emailed them today and I was told your application has just passed to the second stage. I was just wondering how long will it take? My application seems to be going very slow, it took 4 months to go to second stage. Is this normal guys?
If you can furnish your full timeline and what you're basing your application on then we can give you our suggestions here. Thanks.

Star1988
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Star1988 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:39 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
If you can furnish your full timeline and what you're basing your application on then we can give you our suggestions here. Thanks.[/quote

Hi kingdoman,

My timeline as follow
13/10/15 application sent
24/10/15 knowledge letter
15/12/15 asking for more letter I already submitted
My application based on my married to an Irish national

Cz2015
Ireland

Post by Cz2015 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:40 pm

Has anyone applied on the basis of Irish association?
If so can you please give us ur timeframe.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:49 pm

Star1988 wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:
If you can furnish your full timeline and what you're basing your application on then we can give you our suggestions here. Thanks.[/quote

Hi kingdoman,

My timeline as follow
13/10/15 application sent
24/10/15 knowledge letter
15/12/15 asking for more letter I already submitted
My application based on my married to an Irish national
You have a strong basis for your application and in my opinion, if not for the delay obviously caused by the shortfall in documents you sent with the application initially which you have now updated on the request of the department, you would have gotten an approval by now. Be it as it may, let's hope for your approval between now and April (2 months). Good luck in your wait.

Star1988
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Star1988 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:58 pm

Hopefully. Thanks kingdoman. You are very helpful man.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:43 pm

Cz2015 wrote:Has anyone applied on the basis of Irish association?
If so can you please give us ur timeframe.
I am an example of someone who applied based on Association. Applied towards the end of Jan 2015 and i am here still counting the months (file with submission team since June 2015). so, you go figure it! :!: