ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Cz2015
Ireland

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by Cz2015 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:00 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
Cz2015 wrote:Has anyone applied on the basis of Irish association?
If so can you please give us ur timeframe.
I am an example of someone who applied based on Association. Applied towards the end of Jan 2015 and i am here still counting the months (file with submission team since June 2015). so, you go figure it! :!:
ohh ryt why do thy take so long any idea?
wat basis is ur application association wit?
hopefully u gt ur approval soon

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:31 pm

Cz2015 wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:
Cz2015 wrote:Has anyone applied on the basis of Irish association?
If so can you please give us ur timeframe.
I am an example of someone who applied based on Association. Applied towards the end of Jan 2015 and i am here still counting the months (file with submission team since June 2015). so, you go figure it! :!:
ohh ryt why do thy take so long any idea?
wat basis is ur application association wit?
hopefully u gt ur approval soon
Mine is Irish Association based on Irish Born Children... They only like it when you base your application on Irish spouse and 5 year residency.. that makes it a very straight forward application and you barely need (do not even need) any waiver on the residency conditions which is at the minister's absolute discretion (mercy). Irish association is a weak basis for naturalization especially when a parent is basing is application on his/her blood association to the Irish minor child(ren) and in this regard, your application approval is at the absolute discretion of the minister and this makes the process to take longer. Irish spouse is anyone's best bet, then, 5 years residency and Irish Association is last on the queue. :) Don't worry we all still get it (approval) in the end but at different times!

13Warrior
Newly Registered

Post by 13Warrior » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:38 pm

Ludmir67 wrote:Hi All,
I just spoke to a lady in corporate services, who looks after the booking of events in City Hall in Waterford City Council and she confirmed that the Citizenship Ceremony listed to take place on 4th March is booked in their diary to take place there in City Hall. I know Kingdom man that INIS is the site to refer to for offical confirmation of ceremonies but I asked why was it not listed on INIS site but she couldn't understand why it wasn't, as far as she was aware it was going ahead and hadn't heard otherwise. I also asked could it be that it's just applications from the Waterford area who will be invited but she couldn't say. Just wondering is there anyone on here who has gotten an invitation to this Ceremony, anyone from the Waterford area on this forum? Seems odd that it's not listed on INIS but yet is booked to happen.
cheers
Yes I am in based in Waterford .I was contacted by INIS that I will be invited for Waterford ceremony.
After the new date on their website I contacted them again wondering if there was any change and they got back to me that they still have Waterford Ceremony and I will be invited for it.
Best luck for are applicants.

dublin777

Post by dublin777 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:42 pm

Hi Poeple, congrat to the people who just got their citizenship approved :) . I am new to this forum, I can see alot of help in this forum from Kingdoman excellent ideas from him good job. can anyone help me out for idea on my application for citizenship. especially kingdoman. my application is 21 months waiting for decision whenever I ring the help line, the lady would say my application in prepared to go to the minister. I have been hearing this same information since last year February 2014. the lady on phone always say to as soon as they get the letter, they will sent it out to me. I have applied through a solicitor.

My time line is bellow:
Application: June 2014
2nd Stage Letter: End of July 2014
Additional Doc: September 2014.

My solicitor has written to ask for a decision in twice last year.

Any Idea People thanks for your respose :)

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:58 pm

dublin777 wrote:Hi Poeple, congrat to the people who just got their citizenship approved :) . I am new to this forum, I can see alot of help in this forum from Kingdoman excellent ideas from him good job. can anyone help me out for idea on my application for citizenship. especially kingdoman. my application is 21 months waiting for decision whenever I ring the help line, the lady would say my application in prepared to go to the minister. I have been hearing this same information since last year February 2014. the lady on phone always say to as soon as they get the letter, they will sent it out to me. I have applied through a solicitor.

My time line is bellow:
Application: June 2014
2nd Stage Letter: End of July 2014
Additional Doc: September 2014.

My solicitor has written to ask for a decision in twice last year.

Any Idea People thanks for your respose :)
Welcome on board dublin777 :D
It'll be be mutually helpful if you can answer these few questions so that other experienced members here can offer you useful suggestions based on informed opinions;
1) On what basis is your application (Irish spouse, 5 yrs residency or Irish Association?),
2) How many years have you as reckonable residency,
3) Have you ever come to the adverse attention of the An Garda Siochana during the entire period of your residency in the state, and
4) Have you had a traffic offence resulting in a court appearance, fines and penalty??
5) What's your reason for applying through a solicitor?
We wait to hear from you soon.

dublin777

Post by dublin777 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:47 pm

@ Kingdoman: My application is based on five years residency Stamp 4, My recognable residency is 9 years stay in Ireland. I was 5 years EU FAM before my eu wife relocated back to her country, then I was given just stamp 4 without the EU sign on it. Yes I have have drink driving in 2008 fine paid for €800, Ban for 5years. No seat belt on in 2009 €120 fine payed. I decided to apply with a solicitor based on the fact that i i was refused in the year 2011 to September 2012 application for not disclosing the above offence on my application. i did not do that on purpose, i thought i should be wiped out base on it happened long years ago. i was so ignorant :) anyways, Inis asked me to apply any time. so i decided to bring the application form to my solicitor. mean while, he was the same solicitor who got me my residency in the year 2008 in Ireland. that it.

Sir Kingdoman Thanks for your response.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:18 pm

dublin777 wrote:@ Kingdoman: My application is based on five years residency Stamp 4, My recognable residency is 9 years stay in Ireland. I was 5 years EU FAM before my eu wife relocated back to her country, then I was given just stamp 4 without the EU sign on it. Yes I have have drink driving in 2008 fine paid for €800, Ban for 5years. No seat belt on in 2009 €120 fine payed. I decided to apply with a solicitor based on the fact that i i was refused in the year 2011 to September 2012 application for not disclosing the above offence on my application. i did not do that on purpose, i thought i should be wiped out base on it happened long years ago. i was so ignorant :) anyways, Inis asked me to apply any time. so i decided to bring the application form to my solicitor. mean while, he was the same solicitor who got me my residency in the year 2008 in Ireland. that it.

Sir Kingdoman Thanks for your response.
Thanks for your sincere response. With all you wrote above, definitely, for the submission team to have held on to your file for so long means they aren't happy with your application. Normally, from experiences with people who have been in situations as yours, it'll be suggested that you get in contact with your local TD (politician) in your area, speak to him/her about your situation in a most genuine way and see if s/he can make a representations to the INIS on your behalf intervening for you. and while you do this, you may also personally write a very passionate (remorseful/sober) letter through your solicitor's office to the INIS, explaining yourself again and showing how remorseful you've been for your bad driving behavior in the time past and how you are now a changed person for good. They do listen to people and I believe your letter coupled with the intervention of your local TD will help your case and finally ensure they recommend and release your application file to the minister for her approval. I think the delay is deliberate to serve you as a punishment for your exuberance but I think that should be it and is now time to approve and grant your citizenship. Hopefully this works out for you well.. Good luck!

Pakistangr8
Newly Registered

Post by Pakistangr8 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:33 pm

Hi guys,I am new here ..if any one have an idea how long does it takes to get an invitation letter after you pay the 950euro draft and send it away to the department?regards

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:44 pm

Pakistangr8 wrote:Hi guys,I am new here ..if any one have an idea how long does it takes to get an invitation letter after you pay the 950euro draft and send it away to the department?regards
It could take up to a month depending on the ceremony date. And are you aware there are two ceremonies? One scheduled for 4th of March in Co. Waterford and the other scheduled for 15th April in Co. Dublin. :wink:

Pakistangr8
Newly Registered

Post by Pakistangr8 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:53 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
Pakistangr8 wrote:Hi guys,I am new here ..if any one have an idea how long does it takes to get an invitation letter after you pay the 950euro draft and send it away to the department?regards
It could take up to a month depending on the ceremony date. And are you aware there are two ceremonies? One scheduled for 4th of March in Co. Waterford and the other scheduled for 15th April in Co. Dublin. :wink:

Thanx kingdomman for the reply,ya I am aware about the 2 ceremonies.but wasn't sure how long its gona take to get an invitation ..thanks for the reply ,regards

dublin777

Post by dublin777 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:27 pm

@ kingdoman . Thank you so much for response .I appreciate a lot. I feel a beat relief . I will do exactly as u advised. My problem is I don't know if my solicitor would buy that idea of me getting a letter from a third party, am just saying am not sure, it might makes him feel incompetent. Bicos I did get a letter from the immigrant council of Ireland last yr but he didn't send it to the department . But I would try and visit my local TD.

Thank you very much man you great. :) .

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:23 am

dublin777 wrote:@ kingdoman . Thank you so much for response .I appreciate a lot. I feel a beat relief . I will do exactly as u advised. My problem is I don't know if my solicitor would buy that idea of me getting a letter from a third party, am just saying am not sure, it might makes him feel incompetent. Bicos I did get a letter from the immigrant council of Ireland last yr but he didn't send it to the department . But I would try and visit my local TD.

Thank you very much man you great. :) .
It's my pleasure. Feel free to discuss these steps with your solicitor and he'd also see it as a way forward. Once you get your local TD involved, s/he makes direct representations on your behalf to the INIS and not through your solicitor but you can always submit your personally witten letter via your Solicitors office to the INIS. Set the ball rolling ASAP and I wish you success at this time.

Punjabi
Newly Registered

Post by Punjabi » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:08 am

Hi
Any one get ceremony invition letter still or not?
I got approval 13/1/16 but not get any invitation from inis.

dublin777

Post by dublin777 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:55 am

Yes Sir, I will do just that. @ kingdoman thanks for yr help .

Ben0405
Newly Registered

Post by Ben0405 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:10 am

Hi,
This will be my first and last post on this board. I have been following the comments , insights and advice on this forum for the last 1 year and 9 months, because that is how long my application took. I felt I want to share it because there might be people who think there is no hope. This is my story.
Came to ireland as a 10 year old boy with my family . I was given a stamp 2 from 2001 till when I left for university in South Africa in 2011 for 4 years. Stamp 2 in those days did not count towards citizenship and I had basically no grounds to apply for citizenship even though I basically grew up in Ireland. My father received his Irish citizenship in 2010 but only took it up after spending 3 years in south africa. He received his passport in early 2014.
After returning to Ireland in 2014 I learnt that there has been a change in the ruling regarding the stamp 2 counting towards Irish naturalisation if you are under 24 years of age. I applied in May 2014 under this exception, two months before my 24th birthday, got my second stage letter in December 2014 and then my approval this morning 04/02/2016.
It was a though road that needed patience and persistence. I know some of you will be interested that I have no police record , speeding or parking tickets and have never claimed any social benefits.
I enjoyed your company and support over the last , almost, two years. Good luck to everybody.

Punjabi
Newly Registered

Post by Punjabi » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:45 am

[quote="dublin777"]Yes Sir, I will do just that. @ kingdoman thanks for yr help .
Do u get ceremony letter for waterford or dublin?

celiakara

Post by celiakara » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:57 pm

Hi kingdoman
I have been following this forum a long time which is I found it very helpful I have seen people getting theirs approvals and I was very happy for them in mean time giving me a hope each time but I'm here now it's my second year and still waiting good news and nothing happened its very frustrating specially when you know that your clear and no court or criminal records and you just want to what is the echoe here.
Anyway k ingdoman plz could you tell me what can I do I ta3 2years now it's shows that they are not happy with my case but I want to find out why?coz I couldn't find any answers.

Application.28/02/14
Further documents.14/09/14
Aprovall.pending
e-mail them and calling them I send them letter and still the respond is preparing to be submitted
well k ingdoman that my storie .
I just need advise .thanks.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:36 pm

Ben0405 wrote:Hi,
This will be my first and last post on this board. I have been following the comments , insights and advice on this forum for the last 1 year and 9 months, because that is how long my application took. I felt I want to share it because there might be people who think there is no hope. This is my story.
Came to ireland as a 10 year old boy with my family . I was given a stamp 2 from 2001 till when I left for university in South Africa in 2011 for 4 years. Stamp 2 in those days did not count towards citizenship and I had basically no grounds to apply for citizenship even though I basically grew up in Ireland. My father received his Irish citizenship in 2010 but only took it up after spending 3 years in south africa. He received his passport in early 2014.
After returning to Ireland in 2014 I learnt that there has been a change in the ruling regarding the stamp 2 counting towards Irish naturalisation if you are under 24 years of age. I applied in May 2014 under this exception, two months before my 24th birthday, got my second stage letter in December 2014 and then my approval this morning 04/02/2016.
It was a though road that needed patience and persistence. I know some of you will be interested that I have no police record , speeding or parking tickets and have never claimed any social benefits.
I enjoyed your company and support over the last , almost, two years. Good luck to everybody.
Congrats young man!

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:01 pm

celiakara wrote:Hi kingdoman
I have been following this forum a long time which is I found it very helpful I have seen people getting theirs approvals and I was very happy for them in mean time giving me a hope each time but I'm here now it's my second year and still waiting good news and nothing happened its very frustrating specially when you know that your clear and no court or criminal records and you just want to what is the echoe here.
Anyway k ingdoman plz could you tell me what can I do I ta3 2years now it's shows that they are not happy with my case but I want to find out why?coz I couldn't find any answers.

Application.28/02/14
Further documents.14/09/14
Aprovall.pending
e-mail them and calling them I send them letter and still the respond is preparing to be submitted
well k ingdoman that my storie .
I just need advise .thanks.
I feel you bro. But on what basis is your application? (Irish spouse, 5 yrs residency or Irish Association). And any other relevant information that you think can help us to advise you on the matter. Pls be happy... Thanks.

celiakara

Post by celiakara » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:07 pm

Thanks k ingdoman for your reply.I applied for naturalization when I enclose my 5 years of residency,I'm a house wife and a care of an epeleptic child .I and my f amilly are law fully residents never been in attention of a garda or any troubles ,my two daughters applied in the same time as me and they were approved with in 6month,I didn't applied throught lawyer and I was telling my self I'm a good citizen with a good character's so I'm just upset coz my applicationt took 2years I'm little bit confused.
and each time I call them they will tell you we will be hearing from us shortly and its just lies.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:44 pm

celiakara wrote:Thanks k ingdoman for your reply.I applied for naturalization when I enclose my 5 years of residency,I'm a house wife and a care of an epeleptic child .I and my f amilly are law fully residents never been in attention of a garda or any troubles ,my two daughters applied in the same time as me and they were approved with in 6month,I didn't applied throught lawyer and I was telling my self I'm a good citizen with a good character's so I'm just upset coz my applicationt took 2years I'm little bit confused.
and each time I call them they will tell you we will be hearing from us shortly and its just lies.
Having gone through your previous posting, I found out your application is based on Irish Association and so I am not really surprised your application process is taking this long. Truth must be told.... A parent applying and basing his/her application on Irish Association (related by blood) to a minor child should anticipate to be on the queue for a long time because it's a weak route (weakest link) to acquiring citizenship. My advise to everyone is never go through this route except you are prepared to wait for a long time. You will get there and hopefully it will be this year I pray for you.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:51 pm

100 New Citizens to be Naturalised on 4th March

04 February 2016
As part of the the 1848 Tricolour Celebrations for 2016 100 applicants for Citizenship will receive their certificates of Nationality at a special ceremony in Waterford City Hall on Friday 4th March. The 100 Applicants have previously been contacted by Citizenship Division and formal invitations will issue shortly.

dublin777

Post by dublin777 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:13 pm

@ kingdoman. I rang citizenship help line today, the lady on phone was a sympathizer, I asked her what is going on with my application for 21 months. she said to me that if there is any ceremony coming up in march I should be among the candidates. but how sincerely is this info? :)

I was in my local TD office today as you advised me, the secretary told me that the boss is very busy at the moment he cant attend to me for the next 3 to 4 weeks. i could understand bicos of the upcoming election. However, she took my citizenship application number & their contact number she said they will contact them on my behalf and get back at me. but my Stamp has expired last monf but i still have 2 month with my local Immigration officer. and I have got my country new passport last week so I can go and get my remaining 2 months stamps. hope this wont be an issue..

Thanks Sir Kingdom man for your help.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:37 pm

dublin777 wrote:@ kingdoman. I rang citizenship help line today, the lady on phone was a sympathizer, I asked her what is going on with my application for 21 months. she said to me that if there is any ceremony coming up in march I should be among the candidates. but how sincerely is this info? :)

I was in my local TD office today as you advised me, the secretary told me that the boss is very busy at the moment he cant attend to me for the next 3 to 4 weeks. i could understand bicos of the upcoming election. However, she took my citizenship application number & their contact number she said they will contact them on my behalf and get back at me. but my Stamp has expired last monf but i still have 2 month with my local Immigration officer. and I have got my country new passport last week so I can go and get my remaining 2 months stamps. hope this wont be an issue..

Thanks Sir Kingdom man for your help.
Your residency stamp could be an issue so you MUST ensure you keep well updated as at when due. Will be advisable you meet with your local TD after the elections of February 26th so he can have a first hand information about your true situation. All the best mate!

asad85
Newly Registered

Post by asad85 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:57 pm

hI everyone, just want to share my experience,i came in ireland 2005 i applied for citizenship based on stamp 4 eufam in sep 2014, only once i was a victim of assault which i reported to Garda, matter went to court the other person who assaulted me got convicted and case was dismiss on merit on me which means i was innocent and pleaded not guilty so i had no conviction but still since last 2 years i am being treated speacially by department of justice as a criminal i have no points on my license and never took social welfare, i produce 10s documents which say i was victim of crime i was innocent but department treating me like a criminal i met cheif superintendent and i told him on his face i am never going to report any crime from now on bcoz being a attention of garda is crime in this country which means it is a crime to report garda even if u are a victim thanks alot i dont need that justice which is dragging me from years n years so my friends get robbed or assaulted if u report you became a criminal right there you will suffer like me and its hurts little bit more when you were a victim of crime. i dont care about citizenship at this time what bothers me is being treated like a criminal when i followed the law. they say we still seeing do i meet a statutory conditions haha great, now my lawyer even gave up she was useless anyway she always ask me what shud i do now as if i am lawyer and she is my assistant and now finally she said do you need any TD ? i am wondering why i even need a clearence from td or anybody when court say i was innocent that should be enough.