ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Booking a first British Passport interview

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abdullahJ
Newly Registered

Booking a first British Passport interview

Post by abdullahJ » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:10 am

After sending a mail, I have got the following reply.
The office sent a letter to you on the 01/02/2016 requesting that you make an appointment for an interview at one of our interview offices. Please contact the number on the letter in order to book an appointment at a time most suitable to yourself.
Now I want to book the interview even before geting this letter.
Can you please advise,
1. Which number should I call to book the appointment? Is there any central number or my local Birmingham interview centre?
2. I have found a reference number on the subject field of the mail I hv received. Should I quote this reference number for booking or should I mention the postoffice barcode number? ( my application is chk & send) .

Many thanks in advance for the advice. If this thread is not appropiate, My apology to the moderators.

jeff.lebowski
Poland

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by jeff.lebowski » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:19 pm

abdullahJ wrote:After sending a mail, I have got the following reply.
Can I ask whether you enquired by post, email or via online enquiry form on
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... iries.ofml

How long did you have to wait for reply?

P.S. Apologies to moderators, please move this to suitable thread as I am aware this one is for processing timelines only. Sorry.

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:28 pm

jeff.lebowski wrote:

P.S. Apologies to moderators, please move this to suitable thread as I am aware this one is for processing timelines only. Sorry.
Jeff,

I called them today on 03002220000 to check the status of my application. They told me that they have sent the interview letter on Monday and I can call the interview line to book an interview. Interview line number is 03002221000. I have now booked my appointment.

jeff.lebowski
Poland

Post by jeff.lebowski » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:35 pm

longshift wrote: Jeff,

I called them today on 03002220000 to check the status of my application. They told me that they have sent the interview letter on Monday and I can call the interview line to book an interview. Interview line number is 03002221000. I have now booked my appointment.
Hi Longshift,

Very interesting. I have called them twice already but no progress with my application as yet. First call on Monday they reconfirmed that my application was received on Thursday 28/01 and is being processed. That's it. Another phone call today and was told that my application went to review officer on Monday and is still there. No issues raised but no progress made so I am still unable to book my interview.

You had a slow start but are in the lead now. Good luck. Keep us posted. :)

abdullahJ
Newly Registered

Post by abdullahJ » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:44 pm

jeff.lebowski wrote:

Hi Jeff,
I used online enquiry form. I sent the mail at night and got the reply next morning at 11.00AM.
Already booked the appointment without the letter. you just need to tell them your postoffice barcode number.;)

jeff.lebowski
Poland

Post by jeff.lebowski » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:40 pm

march_ilr wrote:Application Timeline

Date of Passport Appointment: 04 Feb 2016
SMS: 05 Feb 2016
Date of Passport Receipt: TBC
How did the interview go? Can you share some of the questions you were asked under Passport Interview Questions thread?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 64893.html

I have got my interview booked for Monday 8th February.
Thanks in advance.

abdullahJ
Newly Registered

Post by abdullahJ » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:56 am

jeff.lebowski wrote:
march_ilr wrote:Application Timeline

Date of Passport Appointment: 04 Feb 2016
SMS: 05 Feb 2016
Date of Passport Receipt: TBC
How did the interview go? Can you share some of the questions you were asked under Passport Interview Questions thread?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 64893.html

I have got my interview booked for Monday 8th February.
Thanks in advance.
Hi,
That thread is locked. However, I attended my interview yesterday and questions are almost same as that thread. So far my understanding, they mostly see your body language and confidence, few are tricky quation but mostly straight forward. just give them the honest answer. ( They asked me which post office I used for C&S, and I told them that My brother posted it, I have no idea)