ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong IHS fee. Please help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Annebee

Wrong IHS fee. Please help

Post by Annebee » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:07 pm

We are in the process of completing our application form and at the stage of NHS surcharge . The charge has come up as 3080usd. Can't work out why.

UKVI are currently closed. And refreshing the page still takes us back to the same amount. I understand there is 3 hours time frame to make the payment. Will the application be reset after the 3 hours giving us the option to re do the IHS charge.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Wrong IHS fee. Please help

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:19 pm

If you are applying for a spouse settlement visa, have you selected the options as 'applying alone'? i.e You shouldn't include the sponsor in the calculation.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:31 pm

Casa wrote:If you are applying for a spouse settlement visa, have you selected the options as 'applying alone'? i.e You shouldn't include the sponsor in the calculation.
There was a question asking if you are joining someone in the uk. Which we answered yes to and it asked irrelevant questions which we competed thereby adding the sponsor on the from. Who has permanent residence. We couldn't go back to change it.

That's probably why the fee is high. Can this now be reciting ode quickly? And ideas.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:38 pm

"Can this now be reciting ode quickly?" :?: :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:47 pm

Casa wrote:"Can this now be reciting ode quickly?" :?: :?
Sorry typo error. I was asking if this is something that UKVI can rectify quickly. I think including the sponsor details may have affected the charge

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:00 pm

The sponsor details definitely affected the surcharge. Assuming you haven't made any payment, I believe others who have experienced the same problem have opened another account and input the correct details of the applicant only. The UKVI won't be interested in rectifying anything, even though there wouldn't be the level of errors if they had managed to create a simpler and less confusing system.
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:01 pm

You will need to try and redo it as 'applying alone'. If you don't, you will have to pay the fee and hope you get a refunded of the amount overpaid, which could take some time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:07 pm

CR001 wrote:You will need to try and redo it as 'applying alone'. If you don't, you will have to pay the fee and hope you get a refunded of the amount overpaid, which could take some time.
We haven't made any payment yet. The application is at the stage of IHS payment on the visa4uk appovation webpage. We don't have option to change anything . If we abort it, won't their system still hold the information and pull it up when we get to that stage of the application

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:29 pm

If you haven't paid anything yet (IHS or visa fee), start again by creating a new log in with a new email address.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:48 pm

CR001 wrote:If you haven't paid anything yet (IHS or visa fee), start again by creating a new log in with a new email address.

No nothing paid at all. Thanks for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:51 pm

Phew, at least not poorer and have to start over.

Good luck with the second attempt, shout if you need anymore help.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

JUNO786
Newly Registered

Post by JUNO786 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:45 pm

CR001 wrote:If you haven't paid anything yet (IHS or visa fee), start again by creating a new log in with a new email address.
CR001: unfortunately i was not so lucky and this mistake has been made by me :( when paying for fee friend of mine told me this includes the application fee as i was paying IHS FEE.

Now what do i do to get a refund? Or to make changes to this as i have paid almost £2000 for mrs IHS.. and as you mentioned below...
Casa wrote:The sponsor details definitely affected the surcharge. Assuming you haven't made any payment, I believe others who have experienced the same problem have opened another account and input the correct details of the applicant only. The UKVI won't be interested in rectifying anything, even though there wouldn't be the level of errors if they had managed to create a simpler and less confusing system.
This happend to me exactly.
How can i rectify this?
Payment made by Credit card showing pending to go out 2mrow.

Any help will be most appreciated please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:48 pm

UKVI will likely issue a refund of the overpaid IHS fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

oncewas
Newly Registered

Post by oncewas » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:27 am

I made the same mistake on Wednesday the 8th and the money went out. There is no way to get a refund. I heard the only way is to proceed with you application then they will automatically refund after seeing the application was for one person. I am thinking of writing a not and attach to the application stating i overpaid because it added my details as sponsor

sndp
Newly Registered

Post by sndp » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:27 am

I did the same mistake last week and overpaid IHS surcharge. I went ahead with bio-metrics etc and also posted supporting documents to Sheffield. Did you get a refund of the excess paid? how long did it take, please?

Rajib011
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Rajib011 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:15 pm

I have done the same mistake, want to go ahead with bio and all, did it affect application eventually? What is outcome of the application?