ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missed special delivery and documents send back to home offi

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

johndoe789

Missed special delivery and documents send back to home offi

Post by johndoe789 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:40 pm

My brother got married in September 2015 and applied his wife visa from Pakistan. He went back to his wife in January 2016 and Home office during this time refused his wife visa and all of his visa original documents were sent to uk address. Now he return and see that the Royal Mail has sent back all the documents to home office as they only keep up to 18 days.

How Can he get all of this documents back and what is the procedure.

noajthan

Re: Missed special delivery and documents send back to home

Post by noajthan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:11 am

johndoe789 wrote:My brother got married in September 2015 and applied his wife visa from Pakistan. He went back to his wife in January 2016 and Home office during this time refused his wife visa and all of his visa original documents were sent to uk address. Now he return and see that the Royal Mail has sent back all the documents to home office as they only keep up to 18 days.

How Can he get all of this documents back and what is the procedure.
Suggest contact HO quoting any HO case reference id used in your case plus full identifying details;
enclose inventory liat of documents submitted.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

genericmember
Newly Registered

Re: Missed special delivery and documents send back to home

Post by genericmember » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:09 am

I'm not sure if my advice will be right but what I would do is check with Royal Mail to see exactly where they sent it to in HO - since I think it will take awhile if you just send a request to a generic central address.

On the HO website, they say if you need your documents back and the visa has been refused to contact the Immigration compliance and enforcement teams here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ment-teams

I would do both and just in whatever correspondence you send them to include the details noajthan mentioned and and also that you are cross-checking.