ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canada immigration effect on naturalisation application UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mysteryteller
Newly Registered

Re: Canada immigration effect on naturalisation application

Post by mysteryteller » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:38 am

I would say no point going step further and drafting a template, this is like come check me fully and you putting them in doubt not for your application but for others too. Clearly you lived here long enough and met residence requirments for 3 or 5 years so that should be enough to establish this is going to be home. More on if they need clarification, they know how to contact you.

I wouldnt worry much about this, people holding canadian citizenship getting their approval so this is just minor i guess.

Good luck

muhammada
Newly Registered

Post by muhammada » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:15 am

thanks mysteryteller & noajthan for your valuable inputs. Much appreciated

muhammada
Newly Registered

Post by muhammada » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:22 am

Arsal385 wrote:
fielddrive wrote:Just to update the folks on this thread, I have received my approval now. i did not do anything other than the standard application. Any questions, let me know.
Congrats mate. That was so quick. As far as I know you only submitted your AN application last month. How come HO is so quick specially as there was a holiday period due to xmas and new year.
@Arsal385: your PM message notification was received but I am not authorised to read your message because I am new with this portal. Would you mind to send me MP on xxxx

Moderator Edit: Personal email removed for member's own security. Spammers trawl the forum searching for personal email addresses.

muhammada
Newly Registered

Post by muhammada » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:56 am

muhammada wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
fielddrive wrote:Just to update the folks on this thread, I have received my approval now. i did not do anything other than the standard application. Any questions, let me know.
Congrats mate. That was so quick. As far as I know you only submitted your AN application last month. How come HO is so quick specially as there was a holiday period due to xmas and new year.
@Arsal385: your PM message notification was received but I am not authorised to read your message because I am new with this portal. Would you mind to send me MP on xxxx

Moderator Edit: Personal email removed for member's own security. Spammers trawl the forum searching for personal email addresses.
@Arsal385: Would you copy paste your PM you sent to me? if this is not very private. Thanks

muhammada
Newly Registered

Post by muhammada » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:29 am

noajthan wrote:
muhammada wrote:thanks noajthan. Can you please elaborate "seek clarification" Do you believe they will ask clarification from me before deciding on application? I don't mind if they do that so that I can write a whole explanation why I applied for canada immigration and why I don't bother to move there.
My only concern is that they must not take negative decision just be assuming that I might move to canada for good.
This HO guidance on this critical matter will help you get into the mind of the HO caseworker weighing up your application:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... annexf.pdf

Take note of the clauses relating to future intentions, residence &/or travel abroad &/or emigration plans.
Based on this it is likely enquiries could/would be made.

What was your answer to the relevant question (Q2.3?) on form AN :?:
Thanks noajthan..My answer for 2.3 was UK.

muhammada
Newly Registered

Post by muhammada » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:43 pm

Hi guys,
I just spoke to immigration enquiries representative from the HO in several occations yestrday and today and they all said that it would not impact as long as I & my wife put UK in section 2.3. They said UK don't mind to keep dual or 4/5 citizenships but the question is more about future intention so it would not affect. According to them, it would really have an impact if you put other country then UK in section 2.3

Anyone expert can comment? with their own experience?

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:14 pm

Thanks for that. It is true what they have said as some people take dual to mean 2 but it in effect means more than 1, which is 2,3,4 etc although it is unlikely some one will have that many.

kimgadi
Newly Registered

Post by kimgadi » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:29 pm

fielddrive wrote:Thanks for that. It is true what they have said as some people take dual to mean 2 but it in effect means more than 1, which is 2,3,4 etc although it is unlikely some one will have that many.
I have one good news to share. The naturalisation for me and my family (wife and daughter) is approved. Son's application was already approved. All had landing stamp for Canada PR on their passport. So rest assured that this doesnt have any impact on your application whatsoever.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:39 pm

Congratulations.. this reaffirms what has been experienced by others.

muhammada
Newly Registered

Post by muhammada » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:22 pm

Congratulations.....another success story means a big relief

muhammada
Newly Registered

Post by muhammada » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:11 pm

Hi all. Good news to share that I and my wife have received naturalisation after three months of application. We had Canada immigrant visas on our passports which was also supplied (photo copies) to Home office as part of our applications. Canada landing was also done in March before granted naturalisation so this assure to all members that having immigrant visa does not affect your case for UK naturalisation.