ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IGS in new PBS?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

djc

IGS in new PBS?

Post by djc » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:52 am

Hi

Does anyone know whether the International graduate scheme shall exist in the new PBS? Can anyone also tell me that if it were to be changed, roughly when shall the changes come trough. Cheers.

bBox
Newly Registered

Re: IGS in new PBS?

Post by bBox » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:05 pm

djc wrote:Hi

Does anyone know whether the International graduate scheme shall exist in the new PBS? Can anyone also tell me that if it were to be changed, roughly when shall the changes come trough. Cheers.
replaced by t3... but not official ... got it from here:
http://www.workpermit.com/news/2007-12- ... ration.htm

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:26 pm

Actually, the IGS will come under Tier one - Post Study Work - and will not be valid for two years. Fresh Talent Scotland is also swallowed up in this.

Tier 3 is something else entirely.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

gordon

Post by gordon » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:44 pm

I thought PWS would be valid for two years.
VictoriaS wrote:Actually, the IGS will come under Tier one - Post Study Work - and will not be valid for two years. Fresh Talent Scotland is also swallowed up in this.

Tier 3 is something else entirely.

Victoria

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:08 pm

D'oh. Typo, sorry.

PSW will be valid for two years. And those who are on IGS now will be able to extend for another year.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:17 pm

The linked page says T4, doesn't it?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:18 pm

Yes, and it is wrong. Tier 4 is students.

This is why it is always best to go go back to the source material, rather than rely on sometimes inaccurate third party websites.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

djc

Post by djc » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:39 pm

Actually, the IGS will come under Tier one - Post Study Work - and will not be valid for two years. Fresh Talent Scotland is also swallowed up in this.
Sorry, did you mean that IGS "shall not be"or IGS "shall now be"? Also is it prudent to wait for the changes to come in or is it okay to get the IGS done now and then go for the one year extension later?

djc

Post by djc » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:43 pm

Sorry victoria, I just checked your later mail. Am clear about the "will be" and "will not be" matter. Is it advisable to get my IGS done now and an extension at it`s end or would you suggest I wait for the changes to come trough.Cheers

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:43 pm

djc wrote:Sorry victoria, I just checked your later mail. Am clear about the "will be" and "will not be" matter. Is it advisable to get my IGS done now and an extension at it`s end or would you suggest I wait for the changes to come trough.Cheers
If you think you will qualify for Tier 1 PSW (see http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/a ... intent.pdf), better wait as it is always a hassle extending your leave (passport sent off etc)
Perry Ismangil