ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice on travelling out of country before start date

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

notnew
Newly Registered

Need advice on travelling out of country before start date

Post by notnew » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:15 am

Hi,

I had switched from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 general with Cos Start date from March 1st 2016
and have got BRP with date of issue 21-12-2015.

I have resigned from my current job on 23rd Dec2015. I am currently serving my notice period with my ICT sponsor.They want me to give full 90 days notice period . Since my tier 2 general cos start date will start from 1st March 2016 they have asked me to travel to India after feb end for last 3 weeks of notice period.

I have informed the same to my tier 2 General sponsor and they are fine for me to start from March 29th 2016.

My query is will there be any issue with my tier 2 general visa due to travelling out of country before starting my new job and is it fine to postpone start date of new job by around 4 weeks?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Need advice on travelling out of country before start da

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:26 am

In reality there will be no problem with what your proposing. There is not going to be a problem returning to the UK as you will have a valid BRP for the new employer.

Technically your new Sponsor should inform UKVI of the new start date... But if they don't in these circumstances it is not going to cause any real issues.

notnew
Newly Registered

Re: Need advice on travelling out of country before start da

Post by notnew » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:03 am

Thanks.

My Tier 2 General sponsor has informed me they are going to update start date after I join job on March 29th.So it should be fine I guess.