ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: Travelling outside UK before joining new sponsor

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newmigrant_09
Newly Registered

Urgent: Travelling outside UK before joining new sponsor

Post by newmigrant_09 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:20 pm

Hi,
I have a Tier 2 General visa valid until November 2015. I changed my sponsor earlier this month and received my new brp and a letter of approval from home office. I have to join new employer in first week of August. I would like to know:

Can I travel outside of U.K. and come back using my new brp before I start work with new sponsor.

A quick response from experienced members is highly appreciated.

newmigrant_09
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent: Travelling outside UK before joining new sponsor

Post by newmigrant_09 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:05 am

Sorry for being restless, but have flights booked for early Monday morning and cant even call UKBA as they will not be in by that time.

Experts please comment... gurus?

t2ict

Post by t2ict » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:49 am

Yes, you can travel out of the country during this transition period. But make sure you carry new employer offer letter and any email correspondences, if the immigration officer questions you while returning back. As per the UKBA rule, you can travel to the UK, 14 days prior to the Tier-2 G visa start date.

notnew
Newly Registered

Post by notnew » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:52 pm

newmigrant_09 wrote:Hi,
I have a Tier 2 General visa valid until November 2015. I changed my sponsor earlier this month and received my new brp and a letter of approval from home office. I have to join new employer in first week of August. I would like to know:

Can I travel outside of U.K. and come back using my new brp before I start work with new sponsor.

A quick response from experienced members is highly appreciated.

Hi newmigrant_09,

I am in similar position now I have switched sponsor from Tier 2 ICT to tier 2 general and now planning to travel out of country before joining new job.

Please let me know if you faced any issues when you travelled out of country and came back.Is there any document we need to carry in addition to passport and new BRP

Thanks