ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gross or Net Dividends for ILR income calculation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kanswam

Gross or Net Dividends for ILR income calculation

Post by kanswam » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:27 am

Hello
I have looked in this forum for an answer but unable to locate. Here is a brief background -
Tier 1 visa gained - April 2009
Entered UK - May 2009 but left after a month
Entered UK again - October 2010
Extended Tier 1 visa twice - April 2012 and March 2014
Tier 1 visa valid till - April 2016
Completed continuous 5 year term - October 2015. Due to very limited work and income in 2015, I have to wait to file for my ILR. I am gearing up for filing ILR application (PBS) sometime in 3rd week of February along with 2 dependants.

I have collected the SA302 for past 5 years from HMRC out of which 1 year (2011-12) was a PAYE certificate as I had worked in a full time role and through an umbrella company during that time period. Income and taxes shown in previous (2 extensions) are consistent between HO and HMRC.

For my current income period as a Limited Company director, my income is through Salary and Dividends. I meet the threshold level if I can use Gross Dividend plus the Salary. With Net Dividend, I fall a bit short of the threshold.

My question is this - Can I use Gross Dividends + Salary as my income for the period in question? Is this acceptable by HO?

Also, is it ok to have the PAYE certificate for one of the past 5 years? I checked with HMRC and they confirmed that they didn't require me to file for SA for that year

Appreciate if one of you could provide the answer for the above.

Thanks much

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Gross or Net Dividends for ILR income calculation

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:57 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kanswam

Post by kanswam » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:49 pm

Thank you SushdMehta for your clarification. Appreciate the quick response

cheers

v_2sdas

Post by v_2sdas » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:24 pm

Hi,

If my Dividends itself satisfy the financial requirements criteria, can I simply present my dividends alone and not the payslips. Basically, my payslips also has an expenses component, so I am trying to avoid any confusing issues with the HO case worker.

Could you please suggest?

Thanks for your time.