ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - No Decision, previously detained - Please Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

soni2516
Newly Registered

ILR - No Decision, previously detained - Please Help

Post by soni2516 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:15 pm

I have been in the country(UK) since 2005. I came as a student and went on HSMP and then applied for ILR however due to immigration enforcement during elections 2014 they put me in detention centre without any notice or any letter I fought the case and came out on bail its 11 years now they haven't come back to me yet with decision.

1) All I want to know is that staying in detention centre is considered as legal or illegal as per immigration law?
I have good character report no criminal offences or records as such.

2) Living out on bail is legal or illegal as per immigration law

Please help me its very important for me to know it please help me

Obie
Ireland

Re: ILR - No Decision, previously detained - Please Help

Post by Obie » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:18 am

Why were you detained? if it was unlawful, then they have no basis in law to have done it, it will not have an effect on ILR and you must claim unlawful detention. My difficulty is understanding why you are on bail.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

soni2516
Newly Registered

Post by soni2516 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:00 pm

Initially came on student visa in 2005 Sep

Then went on to HSMP till 2013 then one the solicitors advised me to drop for ILR and he made the application but that was refused and applied FLR (O) that was refused and the appeal rights were exhausted and was taken to detention centre Oxford(CAmpsfield) then came out on bail and applied for FLR (O)_ again as advised by solicitor and was refused again recently and taken again to detention and again out now on bail BUT i got no criminal records and I have regular to sign in the police station. So now I over 10years period that is 10 years 6 months till date so what should i apply for?

Should I go for FLR(LR) or SET(LR)

please help thank you so much for replying back I really appreciate it

Thank you

soni2516
Newly Registered

Post by soni2516 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:04 pm

Please help me to understand

Does staying in detention centre and being on bail is considered as legal stay or illegal stay in 10 years of long residence stay in the UK?????

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:14 pm

Basis for refusal..
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

soni2516
Newly Registered

Post by soni2516 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:11 pm

solicitors missed my old passports due to which they couldn't prove that I have been in the country continuously

So what would be would be your suggestion now by ups and downs I have finished over 10 years

I have been in the detention centre for 2 weeks for first time and other two weeks for 2nd time

I changed my solicitors in between to get everything on the right track but the mistake done by first solicitor is still hunting me

Suggestions please now the solicitor says to go for FLR (LR) the others say SET(LR) confused which one to go for

My solicitor is not answering to my several questions so I am making sure that I don't go blindly this time and make proper decision or else all my effort will be of waste.

So I am here for to help please advice me

Any advise is much appreciated thank you

jimtoole
BANNED

Post by jimtoole » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:02 pm

Mate to be honest, your story doesn't add up may be you are not telling the reason why your ILR was rejected. Without the reason no one can help you and i dont blame the solicitors if you are giving same tosh to them too.
If your solicitor missed to include your previous passport, why didn't you include it in your AR or Appeal.
Its hard to beat a person that never gives up.

soni2516
Newly Registered

Post by soni2516 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:38 pm

Right let me the whole scenario to give you clear understanding of the situation

I came in Sep 2005 came as student which was valid till 2008 may

Made application for Tier in May 2008 and got it granted till 2010 Mar

Made and application in March 2010 got it granted till March 2013, now here my solicitor applied for ILR on five years that is SET (O) application

During the processing the solicitors said to me my application was rejected due to insufficient work absences information as the passport was missing which my missed by the solicitors when they moving the place, so I gatehred the information from and company and gave it solicitors and went for appeal

By this the solicitors had fight among themselves as there were few partners and the one who was working on my case left the company so it was dealt other where again they missed the work information which i gave and they didnt tell me

I got this info from the rejection letter with all appeal rights in 2014 june S

So I decided to switch to company for solicitor as i lost the trust in the old one

The new solicitor went for judicial review which was refused and was detained in march 2015 but my new solicitor made FLR (O) application in with in 28 days time and got me out on bail with sign at station every week which did and never broke law and dont have any ccj or any other

now its 10 years 6 months my solicitor says its time for SET LR, the honest truth is that i am tired of these rejections and dont want any worse all I am trying to do is live a respectful life I couldnt even go to see my father who died due to cancer jan 15 while i was stuck rules and home office

I got no family now please tell me what to do

IF you see and read it properly it was not my fault anywhere and iam paying for others mistakes i should be living in peace but they missed the documents and i am in trouble

Please suggest will they my SET LR and what if they refuse !!!!!