ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment through Natwest Debit Card

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sofiathefirst

Payment through Natwest Debit Card

Post by Sofiathefirst » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:27 pm

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience paying the fees with a Natwest Debit Card. I have an appointment soon with NCS and am concerned about the payment being declined by Natwest. Whenever I do an online transaction with my Natwest Debit card, a second security step requires the input of a private password which the home office will not have. Does anyone know how this works, thanks

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Payment through Natwest Debit Card

Post by ohara » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:30 pm

I don't believe Mastercard Securecode and Verified by Visa apply to offline payments. HO will process your card payment as a remote purchase card not present transaction which doesn't require a pin or second state verification.

http://www.theukcardsassociation.org.uk ... resent.asp

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:33 pm

I have used my Natwest card for payment and it went ok without any issue. The password you are talking about is only for card holder not for anybody else. So go ahead without worry. :D
*The gravity*

Sofiathefirst

Post by Sofiathefirst » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:38 pm

Thank you very much guys, will do

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:39 pm

It also might be worth informing your bank that a large payment will be made imminently so the automatic fraud prevention measures don't block it.

narsii

Post by narsii » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:21 pm

Informing the bank doesn't really help , "the staff do not have any control on it as the automatic fraud prevention measures are checked at random and cannot be enabled/disabled for a specific account " This was the response I got from Lloyds customer care when asked about this .

But as per my understanding the transactions are made in a batch mode and Govt organisations are trusted sources for banks . hence banks will not stop these transactions . Unless there is any issue with your card number/ security code .

Hope this helps

Regards,
Narsii

ohara wrote:It also might be worth informing your bank that a large payment will be made imminently so the automatic fraud prevention measures don't block it.

Sofiathefirst

Post by Sofiathefirst » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:28 pm

Yes it does, thank you

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:59 am

Hi,

just to add my 2 cents:

I have been with Natwest for well over 6 years. During my extension for Tier1, the bank blocked the transaction and I received a letter from the home office requesting alternate method of payment.
On contacting my bank I was informed they usually put an upper limit for new customers for online transactions (as a security measure). At the time they increased it for me and I sent the letter back to home office with the same debit card details. Never had a problem since.
all is well that ends well

Sofiathefirst

Post by Sofiathefirst » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:51 pm

Hi Ali_hsn

How long had you banked with Natwest when they blocked your payment?