ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Posted my SET(LR) application on the date of visa expiry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

van87
Newly Registered

Posted my SET(LR) application on the date of visa expiry

Post by van87 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:42 am

Hello,

I have had quite a bit of issues lately and hence wasn't able to post my ILR (SET LR) application earlier but managed to send through special service post yesterday (30th Jan, Saturday) and my visa expires/d on this day exactly. Will there be an issue with this as the HO will receive my application on 1st Feb, Monday before 9am.

My visa status was tier 4: Student - will my immigration status continue to be the same until I receive a decision assuming my postal application is considered being made 'in-time'?

Please help!! Anyone kindly let me know what problems this may cause?

Thanks and Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Posted my SET(LR) application on the date of visa expiry

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:40 am

The application date is the date of posting, not the date the HO receives it. Make sure you keep the postal receipt. Your current visa status continues while the application is being decided.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

van87
Newly Registered

Post by van87 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:22 am

Thank you so much for the reply.

Also, is there any documentation available online describing about my current immigration status while visa is being processed? I work at my university as a lecturer p/t and my uni is telling me they can't extend my teaching contract until I get back my visa :(

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:30 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1971/77/section/3C

Section 3C leave
Section 3C applies if:
 the applicant applies for an extension of stay before their leave expires (an ‘in-time
application’), and
 the applicant’s leave expires before the application is decided or withdrawn.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

van87
Newly Registered

Payment declined, Set (LR) postal application!

Post by van87 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:11 am

Dear all,

I sent my Set (LR) visa application on the 30th January through special delivery which was received by the HO on the 1st before 9am, payment was attempted on the 2nd morning and got declined [just confirmed with my bank - barclays] :( :( :(

I haven't received any acknowledgement letters either from the HO. Is there any possibility that I can ring the HO and make the payment on the phone? Or if possible send them new payment details as soon as possible before the HO attempts to return my application back by invalidating it due to this reason?

also My visa (tier 4: student visa) expired on the 30th of January as well :(

Please help!!!!!!

van87
Newly Registered

Re: Payment declined, Set (LR) postal application!

Post by van87 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:36 am

Anyone??

This is quite stressful :( :(

Hope the admin/ anyone can suggest me something? :(

jimtoole
BANNED

Post by jimtoole » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:52 pm

IF you have the acknowledgement letter of the reciept of your application then quickly get a postal order posted to them with your case ref etc.
Its hard to beat a person that never gives up.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:02 pm

jimtoole wrote:IF you have the acknowledgement letter of the reciept of your application then quickly get a postal order posted to them with your case ref etc.
The OP said :
by van87 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:11 am
I haven't received any acknowledgement letters either from the HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

van87
Newly Registered

Post by van87 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:26 pm

No, I still haven't received any acknowledgement letter either which is worrying even more :(

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Hello mate,

Just let you know that I had similar issue back to May 2010 when I applied Tier 1 General initial application. My credit card payment was declined by my bank. After 10 days I got my application and supporting documents back . I also phoned to Home office to make payment over the phone on the same day when payment was declined ( as I got call from bank) but he said they can not do anything as you will get your document back in few days. I was not worry too much as my PSW visa expiry date was in o Oct 2010. so later I sent Postal orders instead credit or debit card number.

Thanks
Kashif

van87
Newly Registered

Post by van87 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:23 pm

Hi Kashif830,

Thanks for your comments, but in my case my current stay/visa has expired on the 30th of January (last week - just when i applied). So when they send back the documents my visa would be expired for a fresh application - which is what my concern is and worse case scenario if they send the docs back after 28 days has lapsed - this would certainly make my re-application 'out-of-time'' wouldn't it?

remo2206
Newly Registered

Post by remo2206 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:15 am

van87 wrote:Hi Kashif830,

Thanks for your comments, but in my case my current stay/visa has expired on the 30th of January (last week - just when i applied). So when they send back the documents my visa would be expired for a fresh application - which is what my concern is and worse case scenario if they send the docs back after 28 days has lapsed - this would certainly make my re-application 'out-of-time'' wouldn't it?

Hi Van87,

If you've royal mail tracking reference number(30 Jan), you can write a letter to them with your royal mail tracking reference, your personal details, application date and include a cheque for that amount. If you're lucky, they will accept the payment which you can always track, as the amount will be deducted from your bank account. I think if you try this way it would be better in my opinion, moderators please advise, as you are not losing anything and at anytime you can stop a cheque.

van87
Newly Registered

Post by van87 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:00 pm

Called the HO today and they say apparently they ''no longer send out acknowledgement letters''.......... is this true?

I gave the advisor my royalmail tracking ref.no and few of my personal details and she couldn't even see any of my application information entered onto the system and advised that it'd take 3-4 weeks for this to be on the system :? :(

I am clueless as of what to do, admin/moderators please advise... :cry:

remo2206
Newly Registered

Post by remo2206 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:31 pm

van87 wrote:Called the HO today and they say apparently they ''no longer send out acknowledgement letters''.......... is this true?

I gave the advisor my royalmail tracking ref.no and few of my personal details and she couldn't even see any of my application information entered onto the system and advised that it'd take 3-4 weeks for this to be on the system :? :(

I am clueless as of what to do, admin/moderators please advise... :cry:

Dear van87,

I'm sorry about your present situation. In my opinion it is wise for you send a new payment page with a cheque and cover letter enclosed to the same address where you've posted your initial SET(LR) application. You try your best and let them decide (who knows they may bring up your file and update with the new payment). Please read the letter below and make the necessary changes and send them ASAP. I don't know myself it is the correct method but at least you can try.

The Payments Department, Date
Home Office,
SET(LR),
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS

Regarding Payment for SET(LR) Application for {NAME, DOB, NATIONALITY}

Dear Sir/Madam,

I’m writing in regards to a recent application made by post for SET(LR) on 30 JAN 2016 & despatched through Royal Mail Next Day Delivery with Tracking Reference No – XXXXXXXXX.

I’ve requested my bank to authorise the transaction for the said amount, but sadly the bank has declined the transaction (or the said amount has not been deducted until today). I have now filled a new payment page and enclosed the Cheque for my SET(LR) application received by Home Office earlier on 30 Jan 2016, in case if there are any discrepencies with my payment by card.

I would like to request you to accept the Cheque as payment for my SET(LR) application and kindly process the application.

I’m very sorry for any inconvenience caused, please accept my apologies and kindly do the needful.

Many Thanks for your help.

Yours Faithfully,
NAME
ADDRESS
CONTACT DETAILS