ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

QUESTION - CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY - Cardiff Council

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

siddharth.ravindran
Newly Registered

QUESTION - CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY - Cardiff Council

Post by siddharth.ravindran » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:37 pm

Hi

Me and my parents have recently applied of Citizenship and it has been accepted but we did not get a decision letter. We only got the invitation which was just 1 page each.

The invitation we got is similar to this image -

I then called my council to book the ceremony and they did. They sent a letter saying that I need to bring the invitation(1 page) and the letter the council sent me and a form of ID.

My question is, why I did not get a decision letter and will this be a problem during the ceremony?

I welcome any and all advice and guidance.

Thank you

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: QUESTION - CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY - Cardiff Council

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:08 pm

If you read the invitation letter carefully, you'll notice that it says your application has been approved. This in effect is the HO decision combined with invitation in one letter.

You have received exactly the same letters as I did last month, and that's all that I needed when attending my ceremony then. All they look at is the HO invitation letter and photo ID on the day of the ceremony.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:08 am

siddharth.ravindran wrote:Hi

Me and my parents have recently applied of Citizenship and it has been accepted but we did not get a decision letter. We only got the invitation which was just 1 page each.

I then called my council to book the ceremony and they did. They sent a letter saying that I need to bring the invitation(1 page) and the letter the council sent me and a form of ID.

My question is, why I did not get a decision letter and will this be a problem during the ceremony?

Thank you
This is essentially your decision letter. It means your citizenship has been approved and you need to attend the ceremony.

Note that you are not yet a British Citizen until you complete your ceremony and receive your certificate.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

palaremzi

Post by palaremzi » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:34 am

that's the decision letter.

siddharth.ravindran
Newly Registered

Post by siddharth.ravindran » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:29 am

Thank all of you very much for clarifying this.

I really appreciate it and you have put my mind to rest.

Thank you

Mrykhami
Newly Registered

Post by Mrykhami » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:23 am

Thank you
I got this letter too and when I called my council to book the ceremony they told me to wait for the second letter that it should have the date of my ceremony.. I'm waiting for over a week now.

How long did you have to wait for the second letter to arrive?

If it doesn't arrive by next week I'm going to book a private ceremony I can't risk this :|

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:22 am

Mrykhami wrote:

Thank you
I got this letter too and when I called my council to book the ceremony they told me to wait for the second letter that it should have the date of my ceremony.. I'm waiting for over a week now.

How long did you have to wait for the second letter to arrive?

If it doesn't arrive by next week I'm going to book a private ceremony I can't risk this :|
If you got the combined letter stating to contact your council, that is the ceremony invitation letter. You normally have to book the ceremony yourself, it is not allocated (date & time) to you via a letter (in most cases anyway).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.