ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Dependant's passport held with Indian Embassy

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ch_pavan
Newly Registered

ILR - Dependant's passport held with Indian Embassy

Post by ch_pavan » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:39 pm

Hi

Can someone please help me with below queries:

1. I am applying for my wife and son's ILR (set o) this week by post (I already got my ILR couple of weeks ago). My son's passport is still with the Indian embassy for renewal. I afraid I will be able to receive it back before this saturday! if I don't receive then I am thinking of selecting the option reason's beyond my control and then write in it. Once, I receive it then post it separately. Is this possible? has anyone had similar situation before? Is there anything else I can do?

2. Their current Tier 1 dependant visas will expire on 14th Feb. So, if I post it on 13th Feb it should be fine. isn't it? My understanding is its the date application is posted and not the date that is received by UKVI. am I correct?

Thanks for your responses in advance.

Regards
Pavan

f317633

Re: ILR - Dependant's passport held with Indian Embassy

Post by f317633 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:02 pm

It will be worth chasing Indian consulate and requesting them to issue the new passport on urgent basis. I had the same issue with my daughter's passport when I was applying for my extension. I chased the Indian consulate every alternate days and they are able to priotise it. My daughter was issued the passport very quickly. Tell them you have to apply for their ILR. Tell them that you have to post your application on 10th Feb rather than the actual date. I am sure they will work it out and issue the passport. It is based on my own personal experience. Good luck.

ch_pavan
Newly Registered

Post by ch_pavan » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:14 pm

Thanks f317633. Yeah...I am trying that with a hope to get it back by this Friday. But, in worst case I want to post the applicaiton with a note, as delaying the application can lead to other issues from UKBA.

Anyone has experience of sending passport in separate post?

ch_pavan
Newly Registered

Post by ch_pavan » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:36 am

To close this thread...I walked into Indian Embassy on Wednesday (they told me no appoinment required for wednesdays) and explained them the urgency. They've asked me to come and collect the passport next day. So, I went and picked up new passport on thursday and posted to UKBA next day.

aknc789
Newly Registered

Post by aknc789 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:23 pm

hi,

what option you have selected from 12B to 12T for your dependent set o application

did u mention your salary in form and your finances section

what re the docs you have submited for cohabitation

regards
aknc

ch_pavan
Newly Registered

Post by ch_pavan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:40 pm

aknc789 wrote:hi,

what option you have selected from 12B to 12T for your dependent set o application

regards
aknc
Nothing for my dependants. Didn't touch any of these for them. But, when I applied a month before I've selected 12L.

aknc789
Newly Registered

Post by aknc789 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:59 pm

ch_pavan wrote:
aknc789 wrote:hi,

regards
aknc
Nothing for my dependants. Didn't touch any of these for them. But, when I applied a month before I've selected 12L.
thanks pavan

did u opt your finances section for ur wife appln