ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubt regarding SARAL form

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arumalladinesh
Newly Registered

Doubt regarding SARAL form

Post by arumalladinesh » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:45 am

HI ,

I have my SARAL form in which the amount mentioned is after all the deductions which is around 1.5 lacs for the gross salary of 4 lacs..which was mentioned in the Form 16..is it is enough to provide SARAL as it is not showing the gross salary that I earned instead only shows the salary which I was charged .. pls provide me the solution.

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:20 am

Hi,

Your question isn't very clear -

1. Why doesn't your SARAL show the Gross salary? SARAL usually has a row for the Gross Salary and builds up the deductions to arrive at your taxable salary and thus your tax.

2. You say it shows salary you are charged... did you mean the salary you are paid? Why do you say charged?

3. You asked if it is enough to provide SARAL - No. SARAL by itself is never enough. You need to provide two forms of evidence. What evidence are you providing along with your SARAL?

Cheers.

arumalladinesh
Newly Registered

Post by arumalladinesh » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:33 am

HI Gorajim,

Thanks for the reply, My situation is..

I have SARAL form which shows the gross salary that was taxable after all the deductions such as house rent allowance,PF and others from the original gross salary, these details are clearly mentioned in the attached form 16 with the SARAL form.

My taxable gross salary in SARAL is 1.45 lacs ,whereas my original gross salary is 4.6 lacs which was clearly stated in Form 16 which is the regular practice in India I think.

I also have pay slips and letter from the employer stating my gross salary.

Please provide me ur valuable suggestions in this.

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:20 pm

Hiya,

If you apply now (say, in December 2007 or Jan 2008, before the new regulations come into force), it is fairly clear that your SARAL does not cover the 12 months of consideration. There you need to provide the following documents to claim points in the previous earnings section:

1. 12 months' salary slips from any consecutive 12 month period from October 2006 thru November 07, assuming you are applying in Dec 07 or Jan 08.

2. Your SARAL that you mentioned, though it does not cover the full 12 month period.

3. Your Bank Statements for the same period showing credits of the net salary and this amount should agree with whats on the respective payslips.

4. If the Bank statements cannot be provided, you need to provide a statement from your employer stating:
a. Either the full amount earned during the 12 month period, or,
b. The amount earned during the period that is not on your SARAL, i.e., April 2007 thru November 2007.

The statement from your employer should resemble or look like a Form 16, starting with the Gross Salary and showing the deductions down to the Taxable salary and finally the total net salary credited to your account. This amount should match that on your payslips for the same period.

Normally, you need to provide either of 3 and 4 above, but it is best if you can provide both.

When you make the application, you need to request for exceptional consideration because your SARAL does not cover the whole period of consideration.

Hope this helps. Post back if you need further clarifications.

Cheers.

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:34 pm

u should show SARAL as your third piece of evidence. ur first two or main evidences should be

1. Payslip
2. Bank stmt.

SARAL should be the last evidence and mention clearly it does not cover the period claimed but you are paying tax(as a good citizen of ur country).

That's why u need IT returns. UK doesnt want people who evade tax.