ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dilemma between project in holland and move to UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajaysharmanyc2006

dilemma between project in holland and move to UK

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Hi all,

I am in a fix now as I received my EC yesterday effective 4th december 07 till dec 09 and got a lucrative offer for a 4 month project in holland today.

I am confused now what to do? should i take up the project and delay my move to london by 4 months or should i move to london forgetting the project. there are couple of companies in london waiting for my arrival so i may not be losing much in not accepting this project.

if i take up the project and move to london in april then how will it affect my future extension to continue be on HSMP.

I don't want to jeopardize my stay in london so please help me.

thanks,

best regards,

ajay

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:23 pm

You have 6 months to use the EC so go to holland
we are at the end of the year, you are not going to get anything going in the uk before next year

ajaysharmanyc2006

thanks

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:42 pm

SYH wrote:You have 6 months to use the EC so go to holland
we are at the end of the year, you are not going to get anything going in the uk before next year
thanks syth for your quick response. i was confused because i read somewhere on this forum that it is advisable to move to UK within a month of EC effective date else it will have serious repurcussion during extension. am i missing something or i will be safe moving to UK after 4 months.

one more question- do i need to go to UK first and get an entry stamp and then move to holland. the reason i am asking for is that i definately want to go to london in jan to meet people in person. i am close to getting an excellent position with one of the top bank in london so dont want to miss out on that.
any suggestion?

thanks a ton,

best regards,

ajay

SYH
BANNED

Re: thanks

Post by SYH » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:52 pm

ajaysharmanyc2006 wrote:
thanks syth for your quick response. i was confused because i read somewhere on this forum that it is advisable to move to UK within a month of EC effective date else it will have serious repurcussion during extension. am i missing something or i will be safe moving to UK after 4 months.

one more question- do i need to go to UK first and get an entry stamp and then move to holland. the reason i am asking for is that i definately want to go to london in jan to meet people in person. i am close to getting an excellent position with one of the top bank in london so dont want to miss out on that.
any suggestion?

thanks a ton,

best regards,

ajay
What serious repercussion?

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:12 pm

The only issues are:
1) If you want to get ILR after 5 years on HSMP, you need to have been in the country 5 years (or technically 4 years and 11 months because you apply 1 month before the end). If you wait 3 months before arriving, you will have 4 years 9 months when your 5 years of HSMP visa runs out. This assumes you get 2 years + 3 years extension. You will need to apply for another extension to get to the total of 5 years.
2) If you have too many days out of the country (or 90+ days in a row), you will have difficulty getting ILR at the end. However, given your absence is right at the start and you will have to get another extension anywhere - see point above - I don't think this will make much difference for you.

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:00 pm

If we got HSMP approval letter but Not EC, then I feel this is correct.

But ajay seems to got EC already

He need apply for HSMP extension exactly 2 years after the date he got EC.

All he need to make sure that he is in some job atleast 12 months before its expiry.

If he goes to UK now he have plenty of time , But if he goes after 4 months, already 4 months will be wasted only 8 more months remaining, within which he should be in some job

This is the scenario. But if ajay is sure that he can get job immediatly after he arrives UK then he can take holland job. If he needs to search one then I think coming to UK now is better

ajaysharmanyc2006

thanks

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:43 am

Syth, Hari and Goldfish,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanations. I have decided to go to London in jan.

warm regards,

ajay