ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can the certificate of naturalisation be folded?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Musicbox
Newly Registered

Can the certificate of naturalisation be folded?

Post by Musicbox » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:16 am

Received my documents back from HMPO nicely folded over in two then bent all over to finish them off in a thin white envelope even though I sent in all certificates including two Naturalisation certificates, translated and legally approved documents in hard back A4 envelopes which were labeled up saying Please DO NOT BENT /please return in same envelope plus a covering letter stating please return all documents in same condition / envelopes... Are they trained to read when they open mail? No! Do they care.. doubt it!

Peed off is putting it very mildly at the stupidity and disrespect of peoples personal documents in their care! The cost to replace both Naturalisation certificates is £324 if I want them to look nice back in their picture frames.
Just starting round 1 (or complaint level one as the put it) with HMPO... Guns ready!!!

WR1

Re: Can the certificate of naturalisation be folded?

Post by WR1 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:32 am

This thread goes back to 2012 and reading through the posts it seems like care is not taken over important documents.

It's a good thing that the home office has introduced the joint nationality and passport scheme which eliminates sending your nationality certificate as both are applied at the same time.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

mysteryteller
Newly Registered

Post by mysteryteller » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:14 am

Don't understand why people being so furious about Naturalisation certificate to be bended. It is a piece of paper that could be folded if required.

You don't need to carry that certificate all the time, its in hmpo records already.
HMPO advisors must be wondering that why they are getting do no bend envelopes for paper documents. If you really keen your certificate to look slick you can apply for duplicate and pay 162 pound extra.

To me this is unnecessary headache, getting worried for certificate to be folded, i am sure people have better things to think about once become british citizen after so long wait.

Musicbox
Newly Registered

Post by Musicbox » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:21 pm

I think you've completely lost the plot my friend!

When you pay extortionate fees and prepare extensive paperwork to apply for Naturalisation in the UK including be presented with your certificate at a Ceremony, it's not JUST a piece of paper! it's something you cherish and frame. Secondly it's a very important legal document you must keep without defacing it in any way which can invalid the document (especially if the crease goes through your name making it illegible to read fully). No matter if it's noted on a government database or not, It's "Your" only proof you have naturalisation. it's your property at the end of the day which HMPO should respect and take care of while in their care.