ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Question - UK Settled EEA2 Partner

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hmpmarketing
Newly Registered

ILR Question - UK Settled EEA2 Partner

Post by hmpmarketing » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:49 am

Hi everyone,

First of all I would like to congratulate everyone that has helped me over 5 years ago when I went to apply for my visa as a EEA2 Partner. Here is a bit of my story http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... ml#p473436

- My Visa was issued on 17th of March, 2011 - Family Member of a European Citizen (Italy)

Important to mention:

One very special thing that happened last year was the birth of my daughter. She was born in April 2015 and a few months after that we applied for her British Passport. One of the requirements is, Parent had to be settled in the UK for 5 years, we sent all of my wife's relevant documents that requested by the Passport office, they were validated and daughter's passport arrived in August of last year.

So, next month my 5 year visa will expire and have been reading about on applying for permitted residency and came upon the 2,5,10 year route options.

My question is, will I be able to apply for ILR via the 2 year route as my wife is already settled in the UK (proof being our daughters british passport issued by the Passport Office)? We have been living together all this time if there are any doubts :)

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Question - UK Settled EEA2 Partner

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:06 am

My question is, will I be able to apply for ILR via the 2 year route as my wife is already settled in the UK (proof being our daughters british passport issued by the Passport Office)? We have been living together all this time if there are any doubts :)
No you can't. There is no longer a 2 year route and it is not relevant to spouse on the EEA residence card. All EEA FM need 5 years residence to obtain PR. ALL immigrants under the UK immigration rules, also nee 5 years to obtain ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hmpmarketing
Newly Registered

Post by hmpmarketing » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:16 am

Hi CR001, thanks for your reply!

Next march I will complete 5 years in the UK under a EEA FM.

1 - Is this the document I should read for instructions?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t_2015.pdf

2 - Is this the relevant application form?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11.15.pdf

3 - In my case, is there an option to apply through the premium service?

Thanks again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:24 am

No, the links you have provided are not relevant to family members on the EEA route. They are for family under the UK immigration rules. You are not under the UK immigration rules but under the EEA/EU family rules.

You have to look at this link

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... orm-eea-pr

Applications are by post only for you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hmpmarketing
Newly Registered

Post by hmpmarketing » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:48 am

Thank you CR001, that should be enough read!