ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Newborn Travelling to home country

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gautat

Newborn Travelling to home country

Post by gautat » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:35 pm

Dear Experts,

I am here in the UK on HSMP visa and my wife on dependent visa valid until 2009. My baby boy was born in UK and we have already opted indian passport for him.

Now the situation is, we would like to travel to India and apply for my son's visa from India before travelling back to UK.

So my question to group is:

1) Is it OK if my son travel to his home country without having UK visa on his passport? Do you envisage any problem?

2) How easy or difficult is to get the visa from BHC in India comparing in UK?

3) What sort of documents are required when applying for visa?

Thanks in Advance.
Last edited by gautat on Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:43 pm

u should get your visa here for the kid before you leave UK. If u leave UK w/o visa it wont be a problem but bringing him back may be a problem.

Why not get visa stamped from here before you leave ?

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:43 pm

Hi,

I know for certain it is perfectly okay to apply for the visa from India. It takes the same amount of time as with any other visa... as long as the documentation is in order.

The actual documents: You may want to confirm this with the VFS there, but as far as I'm aware, you need to provide enough evidence of suitable travel and care arrangements. This includes:

1. Your own status in the country - hence your Visa/Passport (not sure which - you need to confirm this with the VFS/agent).
2. Minimum of 3 months Bank Statements.
3. Council Tax bill for residence proof.
4. Take your house agreement with you, just in case.
5. FULL birth Certificate of your child
6. Child's passport
7. Photographs

All the documents need to be in original, except for the photocopy of the Visa. I'm not sure if they need your passport... I don't believe they do. A copy of your Visa should do.

Once again, check with the VFS official once you get there.

If applying from the UK, you need to fill in the SET(O). Not sure what form you need to fill if applying from India. Check with the agent on this.