ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I submit biometrics again (using second letter)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sandrofoz
Newly Registered

Should I submit biometrics again (using second letter)

Post by sandrofoz » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:50 pm

Hi there,
I tried looking for answer in the forum but didn’t find anyone with the same situation. Could anyone help?

We applied for our son`s registration as British Citizens in December. On the 15 of January we received the biometric enrolment letter. However, we noticed that his surname was not right. One of his surnames were missing (yes, his has 3 surnames ;-). Anyway, I wrote an email to the Biometric department informing the mistake and asking to have his surname amended. After sending the email we received an automated reply which we understood told us to go ahead and provide our son`s biometrics with the letter we had, and that the surname would be amended at a later stage in the process.

However, on the 29/01/16 we received another biometric enrolment letter with the correct surname. The problem is that I have already submitted his biometrics with the first letter.

Our only question now is, should we use this new letter and provide our son`s biometrics again? We are more than happy to provide his biometrics and pay the fee in the post office again if that is the right thing to do? What we dont want is to do something that would cause trouble and delay the application and that is why we are asking if anyone has any experience or advice for us.

Many thanks for your help,

sandrofoz
Newly Registered

Re: Should I submit biometrics again (using second letter)

Post by sandrofoz » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:07 am

Hi there,
some advice would be really helpful, please!!!?

sandrofoz
Newly Registered

Post by sandrofoz » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:31 am

Managed to speak to someone on the Nationality helpline and the lady advised me not to provide his biometrics again. She told me to write a email to the nationality biometric team and explain the situation, what I have already done twice, but so far no reply.
I guess I will wait but I am really concerned this might cause a delay in his application. Has anyone being in this situation before?
Thanks,

mysteryteller
Newly Registered

Post by mysteryteller » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:32 am

What my understanding is you should submit the biometric again, correct name with the bar code must be registered in their system so submitting the biometric again will update their newly generated letter with correct information. I dont see it doing any harm apart from 19 pounds.

However, you can send an email to homeoffice again for further guidance as you have sometime to submit biometric information.

sandrofoz
Newly Registered

Post by sandrofoz » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:43 pm

mysteryteller wrote:What my understanding is you should submit the biometric again, correct name with the bar code must be registered in their system so submitting the biometric again will update their newly generated letter with correct information. I dont see it doing any harm apart from 19 pounds.

However, you can send an email to homeoffice again for further guidance as you have sometime to submit biometric information.

thank you for the reply. I wrote twice asking Biometric Department advice but so far no answer. I am thinking I will wait and see if I get a second letter asking for Biometric enrolment. If I do, I will then go ahead and enrol biometrics again.
Thanks,