ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Important Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Tier 2 Important Query

Post by Jack&Jill » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:09 pm

Dear Immigration Board Experts,

I'm under Tier 2 Since June 2013. Last year I changed my sponsor, so its my second sponsor till now. My sponsor threatening me about cancelling my COS and forcing me to give resignation and also threatening he may terminate me any time.

My question is how to survive from this situation? Do my sponsor cancel my COS or terminate without my knowledge (or) permission? Why he is forcing me to give resignation? Is that legal to force an Employee?

Please answer me. I'm in trouble. Much appreciate if you respond me quickly.

Thanks & Regards.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Tier 2 Important Query

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:28 pm

There sounds a lot more to your story than you say....

A Sponsor can withdraw Sponsorship as any point and for any reason they wish. They inform the HO and that is the start of the curtailment process. The immigration rules have no bearing on employment law and the two areas in law stand apart.

The next point is it legal to ask for a resignation.... Etc
This is strange question. The normal answer would be it does not happen. Your employer would normally terminate your employment if they no longer wished to employ you. With less than two years service they can do this readily as the employee rights are minimal.

Can I ask want role you have with your Sponsor and if you are doing contracting?

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:41 pm

Dear Frontier Mole,

Thank you for your reply. I'm in to Business Development Manager. I'm not into any contract so far. But I'm planning to go for some Java Development Contract in future.

Thanks
Jack

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:44 pm

What Frontier Mole is trying to establish is if you are sponsored by an umbrella company, which is illegal under Tier 2 G.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:47 pm

Jack&Jill wrote:Dear Frontier Mole,

Thank you for your reply. I'm in to Business Development Manager. I'm not into any contract so far. But I'm planning to go for some Java Development Contract in future.

Thanks
Jack
Not possible to contract on T2....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:48 pm

And BDM role is the most abused role in the whole of PBS.
Suggestion you are in a non genuine vacancy and the very fact you are looking for contract work bears this out.

How much did you pay for your COS??

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:57 pm

Dear Frontier Mole,

I have 5 years experience in BDM. Before that I was working in IT contracts. As I have left my IT career and changed my career progression towards developing skills in business. I'm working for genuine employers from the beginning. Why should I pay, if I have enough skills? My question is

I again willing to change my career towards IT? If any Employer willing to sponsor in as Java developer can I change from BDM to Java Developer?

Please advice.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:04 pm

You can change career path as many times as you want as long as you can meet the Tier 2 requirements and find a Sponsor.

I still do not find your story credible or believable. If you are so skilled and wonderful why is your employer getting rid of you....