ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa, Landing Card Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BilalPathan786

Spouse Visa, Landing Card Help

Post by BilalPathan786 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:21 am

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but just a quick question, because of the PIA strike in Pakistan my wife is coming to the UK via Etihad Airlines, i just wanted to know if they bring around a landing card for non EU passport holders or whether she will need to ask for one?

Also is it actually called a landing card? I'm not too sure, I've just heard that name being thrown around.

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance.

RTetteh
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa, Landing Card Help

Post by RTetteh » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:25 am

Is she doing a flight with a transfer? When my husband flies via Amsterdam they give anyone with a non eea passport a landing card as they go through passport control. It will certainly be the same for your wife. But if not she can ask them for a landing card and they will happily provide one for her. (They also have them in the UK airports upon arrival).

BilalPathan786

Post by BilalPathan786 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:22 pm

Hi,

Yep she's going from Pakistan to UAE and then coming into England.

Ah so even if she doesn't pick up a card before landing she can fill one out at Immigration check in the UK? I wasn't sure if it needed to be done before she landed like some kind of weird rule.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:28 pm

Entering the UK wrote:You’re from a non-EEA country

Your carrier will give you a landing card - fill this in before you arrive at border control.

Your passport, landing card (and visa if you have one) will be checked.

You’ll usually be asked why you’re coming to the UK.

Keep documents that show the reason for your visit in your hand luggage, so you can show them if asked, eg your travel itinerary, work permit or university letter.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

BilalPathan786

Post by BilalPathan786 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:39 pm

Thanks both