ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 General main applicant going on maternity leave

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jashds

T2 General main applicant going on maternity leave

Post by jashds » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:51 pm

I am the main applicant and will be going on maternity leave in 2 weeks time. I have a couple of questions regarding the same. Kindly request the moderators to help.

1. Will my husband who is a contractor and has his own limted company be able to continue working here if I plan to return back to my home country for a break of 3 months from July to September?

2.I currently possess a 5 year T2 general visa valid from Aug 2014 to Aug 2019. If I plan to apply for baby's visa in September 2016 (less than 3 years from date of expiry), will I have to pay the fees for less than 3 years for the baby or still have to pay for 5 years visa application?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: T2 General main applicant going on maternity leave

Post by iworker » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:12 am

1. should be ok
2. 5 years, however, you will pay IHS for 3 years.

jashds

Post by jashds » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:47 am

Thank you so much iworker.
Is there any document for point no 2?
I think we are one of those first ones with this query as the 5 year visa came into effect in May 2014 and this condition would apply only for a T2 general applicant having a baby after May 2016.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:07 am

when you get on filling the application, you will see a question when filling the PBS dependent form (for your baby) which asks about main applicant (yourself in this case), and it says what visa are they on. In your case, it will have to be tier 2 more than 3 years to be correctly selected.

jashds

Post by jashds » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:20 am

thanks a lot iworker. Really appreciate your timely help.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:55 am

A little word of warning on the dependent visa side.
If you leave the UK for a significant period of time say three months then the whole point of the dependent visa comes into question. The dependent visa is conditional on the main applicant remaining in the UK. It is a fine line between a holiday back home on your own and a sustained return of three months.....
In the unlikely event that your dependent was to come into contact with the police or immigration in the period that question would become relevant. Where is the main applicant and why are you here on your own?

jashds

Post by jashds » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:10 pm

Thank you Frontier Mole. The main reason why we thought 3 months was to get the visa done in our home country if it would be cheaper (half the fee for 5 year visa) if we were to apply for less than 3 years T2General dependent visa for the baby.

What you say totally makes sense. Also, after what iworker said, I don't think it will be a long holiday as we will go ahead and apply baby's visa in the UK and go for may be a month or less on holiday.