ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigrating to Canada

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sudhy6
Newly Registered

Immigrating to Canada

Post by sudhy6 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:42 pm

Hi there,

Just a few questions we have regarding immigrating to Canada. We are a young couple who want to settle and live in Canada. My husband is a Chartered accountant and I am a Company Secretary. We are currently in the UK on a work permit. Our questions are as follows:-

1. The website says that we need to show 10K CAD at the time of application, will we need to show that proof of funds again during the application process or before moving there? Will we need to physically bring that sum with us to Canada?

2. Can we enter Canada on a work permit and at the same time apply for the Permanent Residency?

3. If we decide to opt for the Work Permit route, how long will we have to be on the work permit to have the Permanent Residency?

4. How long after the PR can we apply for the Canadian Passport?

5. Is there anything to cut down on the waiting time of 2 years. We have family there who are willing to help us with the immigration process.

Many thanks to all.

tracie107
Newly Registered

Post by tracie107 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:28 pm

Hi,

I far as I am aware you only need to show proof on unecumbered funds on entering Canada, in other words you are able to provide for yourselves.

Furthermore, if you are able to secure yourself a job and the company is willing to go down the PNP route they just have to provide the province with your letter of employment/ job offer. This cuts down the waiting time of 3-4 years and you could go on a work permit within 6 months, the job offer has to be approved by the HRDSC - they need to confirm that you have not taken the job from a canadian person. This is all carried out via your prospective employers and them.

The company would also have to prove that they have advertised the position and failed to find a suitable applicant, there is a little bit more but most companies know what they are required to do!

You can go on a work permit and apply for PR whilst in Canada this expediates your application by becoming a PR within a year (usually around 6 months) and after 3 years you then apply for Canadian Citizenship.

I have just put a posting on the thread of "67 points soon to rise" detailing what happened to us in order for our application to be fast tracked through the PNP route, yes some of it might be deemed as luck but most companies will definately give you the job offer if their is a vacancy to be filled.

However, as you have family already in Canada, then you can go down the route of sponsership or family class (could be the same thing) but check on the CIC website for more details on this. Your family I believe from other forums just have to show proof that they are Canadian citizen and show proof of funds also, not sure why!