ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General extension and salary

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aben
United Kingdom

Tier 2 General extension and salary

Post by aben » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:03 pm

hi,

When allocated the RCOS first time, my employer mentioned the salary as 40K, however I was paid 36K due to some circumstances and still am getting 36K.

Next week my employer(same) allocating the COS for me, what should be the salary when allocating COS ? should it be same as when allocating the RCOS 40K per year or should it be the actual salary am getting now the 36K per year ?

please give your valuable idea so that it would be helpful for me to instruct my employer.

thanks in advance.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 General extension and salary

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:07 pm

Why are you instructing the employer? Being an A-rated sponsor, they should be aware of how COS allocation works.

aben
United Kingdom

Post by aben » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:19 pm

Thanks Moonlight55 for your reply and I agree with you.

Actually am the only migrant worker at office and my HR does not have much idea about this, as I have to pay for me and my three dependents, I need to make sure 100% about my visa process without any issue in my application.

my employer agree that they made a mistake in salary when allocating the RCOS. please advice me on this.

thanks in advance.
Aben

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:38 pm

I would suggest to put the actual salary what you will earn as long as its above the minimum threshold for the SOC code. This will avoid issues in future.

aben
United Kingdom

Post by aben » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:22 pm

Thank you very much Moonlight55,

it was really helpful.

thanks again.