ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

are bonuses a part of previous earning calculation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jain1978
Newly Registered

are bonuses a part of previous earning calculation

Post by jain1978 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:14 pm

hi all,

I recieved a bonus from my employer in march, 2007. I would like to know if I can include the bonus amount in the previous earnings calculations?

I was working in India that time and the tax summary document prepared by my employer shows the bonus as part of the gross taxable income. I think I should be able to include it but thought i would confirm.

I am due to send my application, the day after. Early replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Hi,

If the bonus is declared in the salary slip for the month and included in your tax calculation, it is accepted as salary. So is any other amount that is included in the salary slips - e.g., performance incentives, other perks and allowances.

It should not be on 13th payslip, if you know what I mean... HO admits only 12 payslips, one for each consecutive month of the 12 month period you are claiming earnings.

Cheers.

jain1978
Newly Registered

bonus to be included in earnings?

Post by jain1978 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:14 am

hi gorajim,

thanks for the response. Yes, the amount is included on the salary slip for March, 2007 itself and not on the 13th month:-)
Also it is clearly stated on the tax calculation document provided by the ex-employer.
I guess I will include it in that case.

thanks

srirkast

Post by srirkast » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:50 pm

If the bonus is declared as a part of your payslip and your tax return is corroborative with your earnings then there are no issues.

All the best!
Sri

mariosuresh

Bonus

Post by mariosuresh » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:21 am

Hi,

I received bonus of around 1 Lakh in Nov 2007. As I dont have any Form16 still is it sufficient to show in the employee letter and in payslip.

regards
Suresh

srirkast

Post by srirkast » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:51 pm

In your case, the payslip (which should have your bonus mentioned) and the bank statement should be corroborative with each other.

cheers,
sri