ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of NCS appointment vs date of ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Leaver

Date of NCS appointment vs date of ILR

Post by Leaver » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:51 pm

I tried searching the forum for an answer, but the unfortunate set of words results in too many irrelevant threads.

I received my ILR on 26 Feb 2015 (the ILR card has this date actually) so I plan to apply for naturalistion asap on 26 Feb 2016, exactly 12 months later. The reason im doing it tight is travel arrangements on 12 March, abroad. I understand you need to be in the UK when they send you the acknowledgment letter?

1. Will this time of 14 days be enough based on experience to not risk being abroad then they send this?
2. If I have my NCS appointment on 26 Feb, is this understood as my date of application? Or is it the date I put on my forms? or the date when it reaches the HO?

thanks!

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Date of NCS appointment vs date of ILR

Post by zahmed05 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:12 pm

Leaver wrote:so I plan to apply for naturalistion asap on 26 Feb 2016, exactly 12 months later
You will be fine as long as you was in country on 26th Feb 2011. I assume you are not BC spouse. If your partner is BC then you can use three year period and need to be here on 26th Feb 2013.
Leaver wrote:I understand you need to be in the UK when they send you the acknowledgment letter?
You need to be in UK when they receive your application. Once they have received it then you are free to travel.
Leaver wrote:1. Will this time of 14 days be enough based on experience to not risk being abroad then they send this?
You will need to give biometirc. On average it's taking around 2-3 weeks to get letter so this may not arrive before 12th but you can give biometric on your return. Just make sure you are not away for more than 25 working days as this is the max you will get from the day your payment is taken.

date of NCS appointment is date of application.

Leaver

Post by Leaver » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:12 pm

[/quote] Date of NCS appointment is date of application.[/quote]

thanks for the reply. Is this now 100% certain, that date of NCS appointment is date of application and I don't need to wait for a letter from the HO? This letter was previously considered as date of application. The section 6 of General Notes still doesn't include NCS as a "relevant body accepting the application" in the definition for "date of application"?

thanks

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:22 pm

This is 100% confirmed. Date is application is certainly the date you submit your application with NCS.

As you are travelling after two weeks, you will be fine.

You can request any of your friend or family member to keep an eye on the post in case HO requests any additional document.

Regards,
Zeeshan

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:03 pm

zahmed05 wrote:This is 100% confirmed. Date is application is certainly the date you submit your application with NCS.

As you are travelling after two weeks, you will be fine.

You can request any of your friend or family member to keep an eye on the post in case HO requests any additional document.

Regards,
Zeeshan
zahmed05 is correct. The rules regarding the date of application changed recently and it is now taken as the date submitted with the NCS.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:52 pm

zahmed05 wrote:
Leaver wrote:I understand you need to be in the UK when they send you the acknowledgment letter?
You need to be in UK when they receive your application. Once they have received it then you are free to travel.
This is incorrect. There is no requirement to be in the UK when HO receives the application. This requirement was done away with a couple of years ago.

You are free to travel on the same day as your NCS appointment if you choose.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Leaver

Post by Leaver » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:35 am

CR001 wrote:
zahmed05 wrote:
This is incorrect. There is no requirement to be in the UK when HO receives the application. This requirement was done away with a couple of years ago.

You are free to travel on the same day as your NCS appointment if you choose.
thanks a lot for confirming, this make things a lot easier!