ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sruveenrao
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Questions

Post by sruveenrao » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:18 am

Hello All ,

Hope you all doing well.I am applying for my wife FLR(M) visa this saturday.I have a confusion regarding the english language requirement.My wife holds a masters degree from Indian university and I have done the UK NARIC for that qualification .But the problem is she don't have the final degree certificate , she only have the Final transcripts,UKNARIC mentioned in the letter that ALthough final certificate not submitted from the supplied evidences we can confirm that degree euivalent to level C language .SO submitting the transcripts with UK NARic letter, Points based calculator print out and university letter stating Degree taught in English will be enough? or Do i need to submit any other evidences please.Could some one please help.

Regards
Sruveen

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) English Language Requirement

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:23 am

Why doesn't your wife have the final degree certificate?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:25 am

What is her current visa status?

You were previously on Tier 1, was/is she on Tier 1 dependent visa?

Have you got ILR and if yes, on what basis did you apply for ILR (5 years residence or 10 years long residence)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sruveenrao
Newly Registered

Post by sruveenrao » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:39 am

Hi Thanks for your reply.I got my ILR on 21/01/2015 on Tier 1 General 5 year route.She is currently on Tier 1 dependent visa.In INdia we have to apply separately for the final certificate.Which she didn't do it unfortunately.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:42 am

How long has she been in the UK?

Does she not qualify for ILR?

Why does she not extend her Tier 1 G dependent visa?

Switching to FLR(M) will reset her clock to zero and she will have to start again from scratch with 5 years residence for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sruveenrao
Newly Registered

Post by sruveenrao » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:48 am

She is in the uk for less than one year.So if I want to apply for the points based , she need to go for 2 extensions to be eligible for ILRso it wil be expensive compared to flr(m).So I choosed the flr(m)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:51 am

FLR(M) is going up by 25% in April, so not much cheaper than PBS in the long term as FLR(M) is also two applications plus ILR.

When does her current visa expire?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sruveenrao
Newly Registered

Post by sruveenrao » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:55 am

Her visa expires on 15/02/2016

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:58 am

Likely she will need the original degree certificate if she is using the degree to meet the English requirement.

You have left it really late to be asking questions if your appointment is on Saturday.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sruveenrao
Newly Registered

Post by sruveenrao » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:04 am

so is it likely to be refused ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:09 am

You may be OK. This is from the Points Based instructions for Case Workers, but I assume it would be relevant for FLR(M)>

 original certificate of the award, or
In this section
Check degree
Check degree certificate
Award points or refuse –
degree taught in English
This guidance is based on the Immigration Rules
Page 22 of 39 English language – version 11.0 Valid from 01 August 2014
 an academic transcript (or original letter for a PhD qualification) from the institution who
awarded the qualification, on official headed paper if they:
o have not yet graduated after successfully completing the qualification, or
o no longer have the certificate and the institution who awarded it is unable to provide
a replacement.
The academic transcript (or original letter for PhD qualification) must show the following
details:
 the applicant’s name
 the name of the institution that awarded the qualification
 the title of the award
 confirmation that the qualification has been awarded, and
 the date the certificate will be issued (if the applicant has not yet graduated) or
confirmation the institution is unable to re-issue the original certificate or award.  original certificate of the award
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sruveenrao
Newly Registered

Post by sruveenrao » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:18 am

Thank you very much for your help.

sruveenrao
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Application section 2

Post by sruveenrao » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:09 pm

Hi I recently Got My ilr and applying FLR(M) for my wife .She is currently on Tier 1 Dependant visa for less than year.I have few doubts regarding the application.

Section 2 - Under which category are you applying for
leave?
2.1 Please tick a box below to show us the category in which you are applying for an extension
of stay in the UK and to confirm that you are also applying for a biometric immigration document.
Spouse of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document. (TICK)

2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above
categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your
current sponsor?
She is applying for the above category for the first time, as she was Tier 2 dependant (I am the sponsor) ?? Is this right? Should I answer Yes or NO

2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are
choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a
settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil
partner of a settled person - 6 months) Is this right?

Any Guidance would be really helpful.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) Questions

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:14 pm

Tagging you question onto another member's thread in unlikely to get any response. Please post this in your own thread where it will have more relevance.
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:37 pm

Casa wrote:Tagging you question onto another member's thread in unlikely to get any response. Please post this in your own thread where it will have more relevance.
This is the OPs thread. He did tag onto someone else's and I moved it here.

P.S. long day?? :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:47 pm

Long day...and only half way through. :|
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:56 pm

Casa wrote:Long day...and only half way through. :|
Sounds like you need a LARGE cup of tea :)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:15 pm

Or a lay down in a darkened room.....
(Casa, not CR001)

sruveenrao
Newly Registered

Post by sruveenrao » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:29 pm

Sorry for posting in the wrong place.I didn't realized that.Really sorry for that.Could some one please guide me.