ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sending photocopies of foreign passports - actually OK?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AnOxonian
Newly Registered

Sending photocopies of foreign passports - actually OK?

Post by AnOxonian » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:17 pm

Hello all,

I have determined that I am a British citizen by descent, and I have collected all of the paperwork for a first passport application (from the UK). Unfortunately I have plans to travel out of the country in a few weeks, further complicated by the fact that I have an ill family member in the States whom I may have to visit on short notice - therefore I would ideally like not to send my foreign passports away, as the passport office requests.

I called the passport office and they said it's OK to send a cover letter explaining this along with colour copies of all passport pages. I don't see this information online anywhere though (and this forum leads me to believe that not all information given over the phone is accurate). Anyone have experience of this actually working?

Thanks!

Oozz
Newly Registered

Re: Sending photocopies of foreign passports - actually OK?

Post by Oozz » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:29 pm

I'm in a similar situation:

I was naturalised as a british citizen and i need my foreign passport to travel to France for work in one month.

I don't know if i can apply for British passport now as they will take my foreign passports. Would it be possible to used copies certified by notary ( i used these copies to apply for citizenship)

The BRP i will have to return but i was told i can re-enter the UK by showing my citizenship certificate.

Many thks in advance